Sunday, February 12, 2012

Yeah- my gypsy now works with the Cricut Mini!!

I am working on the last of my Valentine cards today. Thank goodness for the many challenges out there to push me to come up with some new and fun ideas. I am not the type of crafter that makes one card and duplicates it 12 times. I get too bored with that, so I make lots of different designs..perhaps this is why it always takes me so long to get all my holiday cards done.


The other really cool thing is that Provocraft finally released an update for the Cricut Mini so I can now use it with my gypsy!!!
My little bitty bug will start to travel now- yeah!!


I discovered a "new to me" folded step card over at Stars & Stripes-OWH. So I was inspired to give it a try. I did two different version of a very similar design. ( I couldn't decide which cute bug I wanted to use.)
What a cool and quick way to make a different style card. I love how it stands up so nice. Start with a simple 4.25" x 11" sheet of paper, a few score lines and cuts later you have a great step card. Here is a great tutorial of how to do it- click here.
So along with trying a new fold for this card, I also pulled out my embossing powered for the sentiment. I don't seem to do this a lot, mainly because it does take a bit more time but I do like the end result. Plus, stamping with white ink just never stays totally white once stamp on card stock. at least none that I have used. 
Emma over at My Creative Time is a Buggy Challenge also going on now.  Being this is the home of "BugBites" I can't very well pass up this challenge. Thus the little bugs.  
One of my favorite monthly blog hops, the  MPS Pinkalicious Blog Hop is going on too. I did link up one project already, but that challenge really is what helped me to finish up these two cards so I am going to link up this project as well.


Finally, Queen of my Craftroom has a Valentine's Day card challenge  that I am going to link up to as well.
Now I need to get back to making the last few cards so I can get them in the mail tomorrow. Hope you all are finding time to craft today!


Here's How I did it...
Card base when folded is standard A2 size
Paper is from DCW Madly in Love paper stack and my scrap box
Heart/Layers cut from Doodlecharms at 3.28"
Bugs/layers cut from Create a Critter at 2.8" and 2.5"
Cuttlebug Swiss dots embossing folder for white part of heart
Tag/layer from Once Upon a Princess
Bug faces stamped using PKS Critter Faces stamp set
Sentiments from My Creative Times My Favorite Sayings and You Had me and Chocolate stamp sets
More Sentiments from MPS Spectacular Sayings and Buggy Punnies stamp sets

14 comments:

Missy said...

What cute cards, I really like the PK faces you added!! Thanks for joining the My Pink Stamper Pinkalicious Blog Hop this month!!

Paula S. said...

Cute cards. The wiggly eyes are a lot of fun as is the mixture of all the colors and patterns on these. I'm glad you got to join the OWH party!

Paula S.
OWH Blog Team

Cassandra said...

HOLY COW!!! These are amazingly cute!!!! Love both the little worms! Thanks for joining us in the MCT ~ Throwback Thursday Challenge :)

Cassandra

Jovan said...

AWESOME card!

Nita said...

These are too cute for words! I *love* that PKS face- it's one of my all-time favorites, and the bright and happy colours just made me smile. :)
Nita
www.niftynitanotes.blogspot.com

Dawn said...

Such cute cards! I feel the same about embossing with white, but yours looks great!

Dawn
DeeGeeScraps

Doris P. said...

so love your bright happy card. I want this stamp set!! cutest bug ever! parkernana4@aol.com
http://mybugandmecreate.blogspot.com

Amy said...

These are adorable!!! Love those fun bugs- and I know what you mean- I don't usually duplicate a card, the fun goes out of it if I make the same thing again (I wish it wouldn't...I'd get alot more done too) :)Amy

Sandi said...

Love your little bugs! These cards are adorable!

Glora said...

WOW! These are just too ADORABLE!!!! I absolutely LOVE your sweet Valentines! Hugs- Glora

Pam (AKA CraftyK) said...

Adorable valentines...Love them!!

Anonymous said...

So exciting! I can't wait til they work with CCR!

Sherrie K. said...

Aaaw, this is adorable! I love your cute little bug:) Great valentines card!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

what a awesome card love the color