Saturday, March 3, 2012

Putting some "green" into my projects.

Trying to work on a bunch of cards today. Went to my local scrap store and loaded up on some 6x6 paper stacks that were all on sale for 30% off! Can't wait to try some of them. I also picked up the new DCW Fabric stack. Really hope this will cut in my cricut because it is so cool. 


My projects today seem to be a bit "green". I recently downloaded the new Luck of the Irish set over at Lettering Delights and wanted to give that a whirl. I was intending to make multiples of one card, but in the end, I did two different ones with the same die cut. 


This first one is an easel card inspired by the My Sheri Crafts- Happy St. Pat's Day challenge.
I made the easel card so that when it is flat, it's an A2 card size.  
I am also linking this card up to the Go Fish Challenge: Rainbows and the Luck of the Irish


Now, I still had that second Leprechaun die cut so I used that on this card. I used most of the same papers but a totally different look. 
This layout was inspired by the Peachy Keen Sketch this week. 


Here's How I did it...
Cards are A2 size...easel card cut to fit this size. 
Pattern papers from Reminisce Shenenigans line- all others from my scrap box
Leprechaun/layers at 4" for both.
Pot of gold/layers on the easel cards was sized to 1.25" 
Rainbow/layers to 4".
I inked all edges and added doodles with my gel and glitter pens. 
The sentiments are from My Creative Times I Believe in Leprechauns stamp set. 
The face is from Peachy Keens Wide eyed Kids Face stamp set. 

20 comments:

L.B. said...

Super cute on both!

Amy said...

This is just TOO ADORABLE!! I love that fun peachy faced leprechaun- what a fun card!! Thanks for playing at Go Fish Challenges!
:)Amy
Amy's Crafting Space
Go Fish Challenges Design Team Member

ShelbyWoo said...

such a cute easel card!! love all the details! thanks for sharing with us over at my sheri crafts!

Sonya said...

Super duper cute!!

Adrian said...

You did a super job on both!

Shelly said...

What adorable cards! That leprechaun cut is incredible! SUPER fun cards!! Great job on both cards!
Shelly

Jennie Garcia said...

Barb, these are absolutely adorable!!
I love that cut and the variations are awesome!!
Thanks For Playing with us @ PKS!!
TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

Kate said...

Super cute card. that Leprechaun is just so adorable. Thank you so much for joining us over at GoFish! Challenge . Hope to see you again.

Hugs,
Kate

Melissa said...

Darling cards, Love you choice of PK faces for your leprechaun. Well done!

Karen said...

Love it! Adorable Leprechaun

Scrapper69 said...

OMHECK!!! Those are ADORABLE!!! LOVE that little guy!!! CUTE Cards! :O)

Glenda said...

Such adorable cards! Love the little Leprachaun and the pretty easel style card! Thanks for sharing with us at My Sheri crafts!
Glenda
http://glendascards.blogspot.com/

Sherrie K. said...

I love this Barb!! You did a great job and love the little leprechaun:)
thanks so much for joining us in the challenge at GoFish!
Sherrie K
http;//sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Charlotte said...

Oh, how absolutely adorable these are. I just love the wsweet little faces on the leprechauns. Thanks for joining MSC.
Charlotte

Raven B said...

Oh my goodness this is so sweet! I love that face that you used it came out beautifully!!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Peachy Keen Stamps
Hugs,
Raven

lalkygirl said...

wow ,two fabulous st pats card ,love the leprechaun image se is adorable
thanks for joining in at my sheri crafts and good luck
tracey [guest designer]

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

That leprechaun is the cutest! Thanks for joining us at Go Fish! :)

Amanda said...

OMG, your card is so super cute and so is your adorable leprechaun.. Thanks so much for joining us at Peachy Keen..

Scrappy hugs,
Amanda :0)

VICTORIA said...

Fantastic entry I love your card and good luck with the challenge. :)

C Stephens said...

Fantastic card Barb! Thanks for playing along with us at Go Fish!