Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A Photo Inspiration Project for Ginger Snap Scraps

Hope everyone enjoyed an extra long weekend. Here in MN it rained again!
The grass and plants are enjoying it, but goodness, can we get a dry weekend?

I did finally get out yesterday afternoon between showers to get one round of weeding done.
Today, looked to be a full day of moderate temperatures for more gardening until about 3pm when a black cloud came over. The rumbling of thunder sent us scrambling to put things away just in time for a down pour with hail. Really! The good thing from all of this is that when it rains, I get to craft!.

Today is my day to post a project for Ginger Snap Scraps. Our theme for today was to be inspired by this photo.
This is a great photo and in fact a craft project itself. Cover a tin can with old book pages or scrapbook paper for a little vase for wild flowers.

I was inspired by the colors and the pink flower. I also wanted to play with some SVG files to see if I could make a shape card using my sure cuts alot program.
I couldn't stop at just one, they are so cute. So...I did a set of 4 cards.

Each little snail is ready to give someone a little flower to brighten their day.

The SVG file is from Lettering Delights and all the sentiments are from my BugBites All Year Round stamp set which can be found over at Ginger Snap Scraps or here on my blog.

The eyes are stamped using a stamp from the Peachy Keen Bird Faces and More stamp set. I used my white gel pen for a few highlights and my glitter pen on the flower petals.

I also inked the edges with Tim Holtz ink and used them to stamp the sentiments.

The stamps, Bazzill paper, and inks can all be found over at the Ginger Snap Scrap online store.

Hope you all have a great week.

9 comments:

jessica said...

These are adorable!!! Awesome job Barb!!! Hope you had a great holiday weekend!

Kate said...

These are so super. Love the shaped card and their eyes are just so expressive. I just love them.

Hugs,
Kate

Shelly said...

These are so CUTE!! What a GREAT set of cards!
Hope you have a FABULOUS day!
Shelly

Maria Matter said...

these are absolutely adorable Barb!! a wonderful design for a set!!
hugs

Sarah said...

Barb! These are adorable. I stopped by CD yesterday in your honor and picked up some paper that I didn't need! :)

Renee B. said...

Barb, these are absolutely adorable! Our weather here in Manitoba has been horrendous...it poured most of the weekend! They keep promising sun but so far it hasn't appeared! Good "craftroom" weather.
Hugs,
Renee

recollectionalley said...

Super cute...what a nice gift.
Janea

Sherrie K. said...

These are way cute Barb!!! I just love the adorable eyes and the paper you used is perfect!

Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Definitely the kind of card i need...absolutely necessary for a belated card! Thanks for sharing