Friday, April 13, 2012

Late post of an Easter project

I have been a bit MIA this week. I am working on some projects and will get back to posting on a regular basis. In the mean time, I wanted to post a project I did for Easter. 

My Friend invited us over for Easter dinner with her family. I thought I should make some treats for everyone. I decide to make carrot containers filled with chocolate. The kids are all in high school or college so no baskets to fill, so it was fun to bring treats for everyone.

The carrot box is an svg file from the Hippity Hoppity SVG kit over at SVGcuts.com

The file doesn't look like it would piece together large enough to hold a handful of candy so I sized it to fit a whole sheet of 12x12 paper. WOW- that was one huge carrot when it was all together. So I went back and sized it down so when all is done it measures about 8.5" tall. It holds quite a few treats. 

I made 16 of these carrots and brought them in a basket to Easter dinner. 
The tag was from Once Upon a Princess, my favorite cart for tags. 
The sentiment was from My Pink Stamper.

Now how about that adorable Easter card.....well I can't take credit. I was lucky to receive this card from my friend. Super Cute!!

I'll be back later with some other things. 

5 comments:

Dana said...

I really like the way the carrot box came out. I can only guess how great they looked in a basket. Nice job.
http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

Jae said...

Adorable!! Love the little bunnies on the card and the carrot box! TFS
hugs, Jenn

Sarah said...

Seriously adorable! I love that you brought these carrots in a basket to the dinner--LOVE it!

Amy said...

Adorable little treat container! I love the fun papers! :)Amy

Lezlye said...

I have that file too! Love it! Thanks for playing with us at scrappy moms stamps!