Saturday, June 15, 2013

Happy Fathers Day Card

This week I am posting projects I have made ahead being my job has taken me on the road once again. This week I am in tropical Panama City, Panama. 

Father's day is in just a few days. When I think of Father's Day, things like tools, golf, and fishing come to mind. 
I've had this card design in mind since I first saw the cut files over at Miss Kate Cuttables a few months ago. I know it is a bit abstract, but I liked the idea of the large fisherman's hat where the top of the hat became the lake or more like a small pond for the fisherman in his boat. 
I added the grommets to the hat vs the paper rings the file came with. The sentiment stamp is from a fabulous stamp set from WPlus9 called Fish More. Let me know what you think. 

7 comments:

Adrian said...

This is so awesome!

Anonymous said...

That's adorable and so creative!

snappy scrappy said...

Gorgeous, love it!

L.B. said...

Ok you go some really interesting place for work..what do you do??

LOVE this hat with lake fisher on it so great.

Kate said...

Super cute shaped card. have fun and stay safe!

CuteNCrafty Mommy said...

Great project:) Fun fun:)
Come join us at Craft Lovin Challenge Blog for Anything Goes
Great priced, fun digi paper
Tabitha's Designs

Blue6366 said...

I love, love, love this card. So much so that I tried to find the files at Miss Kate but could only find the hat. Do you remember what the other files are titled?
TIA.