Saturday, September 20, 2014

Prost!

Prost! Yes, it's Oktoberfest time. 
We are celebrating with friends for our annual Oktoberfest party today and that means lots of good food and a bit of German beer. 

Each year we do a poster for the party just like small villages in Germany do for their summer festivals. 
Everyone in attendance signs the poster.. a nice way to keep the memories of who was there each year. 

This year I did the poster using a brand new files in the SVG Cutting Files store, Chibi Okotoberfest kids. 
My poster is 12x12. I started by printing the background with the stripes using pattern papers from Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons. 
The doily and and banner are from the Silhouette store. I just added the date and year before printing and cutting it.


I used several foam squares to pop up the banner and my German guy. 

Now, we can't forget about the girls, so I did some magnets as a little treats for the host and hostess. 
These were so simple to do.



I purchased some adhesive magnetic sheets from Walmart, about $2 for 2 sheets. I used the base part of the cute file to cut the magnet part. Just use the magnetic paper setting on the cameo and the magnet sheet on your mat paper side up. It cut like a dream. 

Then I just paper pieced like normal adding some cute PKS faces. They measure about 3-3.5 inches tall.
You'll notice a couple beer stein magnets as well. That file is from Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons. 
Prost!


6 comments:

Sarah said...

Absolutely love!!! That's about all I can come up with for this awesomeness!

Georgiana said...

How cute! What a fun party!

Crafting on Caffeine said...

We do an annual party also. I can't wait to make these.
These are all amazing!

Unknown said...

Love it!!

Migdalia said...

Overload of Cuteness!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
*Crafting With Creative M*

L.B. said...

SOOOO fun. Love this cute card