Monday, March 11, 2013

Have you found your pot of gold yet?

I haven't found gold but instead lots of chocolate!

I saw a similar project on Pinterest a week and with Cameo Creations St. Patrick's Day challenge going on, it was a good opportunity to give it a try.

 I found the black pot over at SVG cuts- in the Party on Elm Street set. On their tutorial video, they mention it is sturdy and large enough for lots of candy. Well, I had visioned a very small pot to hold a few pieces of candy that I could put on my desk. So,  I simply sized the whole file down to what I felt would hold about 10 chocolates. 
I cut all the pieces and started to glue. Well, the tabs to glue were pretty small, yet my black pot was still almost over 5" in diameter! 
Not sure I could have glued everything if it was smaller. Once I had the base assembled I embossed the outer pieces and added some ribbon. 
The leprechaun is from Lettering Delights. I sized him to 4" and added a Peachy Keen face from their February 2012 stamp of the month set. 

As you can see it holds a lot of chocolate!

1 comments:

L.B. said...

Love this adorable pot and leprachan, Very very fun.