Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Super Sweet

Happy cold day everyone. Seems most of us are either in the frigid cold or the snow In Minnesota we have the cold but sunny days, while many of the rest of you are getting socked with loads of snow. Boy, it is going to be a long winter. At least we can all be inside with a cup of  hot chocolate and scrapping!

I have to say I was so glad to use my Cricut again. Last week was a challenge trying to be creative with limited supplies. It really made me think outside the box. 

Today, I am posting a simple Sweet valentine's card that will be linked to a few challenges.

It is a basic card size using a cartridge I rarely use. Not sure why since there are so many cute cuts on it. The Hello Kitty Greetings cart had the perfect cupcake for this card. 
Below you will find how I did it. 

Be sure to hop over to the following blogs to check out and enter their challenges and see the fantastic work all the designers have posted.

Here's how I did it...
Bazzill paper for card base; 4.25" x 5.5"
Heart/green border pattern paper from Memory Keepers
All other paper from my scrap stash
Heart ribbon from Michael's
Martha Stewart border punch
Cupcake cut from Hello Kitty Greetings card at 1.75" on p. 4; I couldn't get the layers to all fit nicely so I ended up cutting the silhouette three times for the different colors.
Sentiment from My Pink Stamper Everyday Occasions stamp set
Brown chalk, pop-dots for cupcake and doodles with my white gel pen. 

Don't forget to check back tomorrow. I am posting my first guest designer card. Hope you will like it.

14 comments:

Patchi said...

Beautiful card! I love how your little cupcake turned out! Thanks for joining the Party!

Big Time Stamper Want to Be said...

Good job.

Teresa

Paula Bee said...

What a cute card! I love the little cupcake! Thanks for playing along at Card Creations & More!

Cathryn said...

Very cute, I love the Hello Kitty cart. TFS Cathryn67 <3
inthepinkcathryn.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

This is really cute. You are right the Hello Kitty cart. does have the perfect cupcake.

Thanks for Partying with us at PTT! Hope to see you back next week!

Jenn
www.partytimetuesdays.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Such a cute card. Thanks for playing along at Paper Cutz Challenge. Hope you can head over to my blog, check it out, and become a follower. I can't wait to see more of your creations.

Hugs,
Kayla at My Scrapbooking Hideaway
myscrapbookinghideaway.blogspot.com

Nancy said...

A cute and wonderful card!! Thanks for partying with us this week at PTT!!

Miss Molly said...

What a great cupcake! I love that it is chocolate - the frosting seems so much brighter and yummy! Thank you so much for partying with us at PTT! I can't wait to see what you will do with next weeks challenge!!

Molly - PTT Design Team

Savahanna said...

Cute card I love the soft colors. And the cute little cupcake. Thanks for playing with us at 40:31 Creations.

Beeceecreativity said...

Beautiful .. love the border and elements .. great card.. thanks for playing along at PTT and hope to see you again next week.. hugs Bev PTT DT

Lisa Norris said...

Very cute! I love the layout of this card...thanks so much for sharing!

Lisa
prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

Janice W. said...

Your card is simply, CUTE! Thanks for joining the PK challenge! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

This is adorable, I love all the colors!
Thanks for playing along!

Lauren

Card Creations by C said...

This is really pretty...love that sentiment. The cupcake looks yummy!