Saturday, March 12, 2011

It's a Boy!!!

Last week welcomed a new little man to our family, Carson Gary. 
He is the new son of my husbands cousin. Little Carson was born on March 3 at 9:36 pm. 
I knew I wanted to use my new cart, CM Stork's Delivery, to make a card to congratulate them. 
I was really stuck and could not come up with a design. I have been working on this for almost a week.
Then last night, I came across a few challenges that became my springboard of inspiration. I guess that is why there are challenges, to help inspire us to create something something special.
Once I finally had an idea, the card just flew together and I popped it in the mail. 
By the time this post is up, they should already have it. 
The yellow in this photo looks brighter than it is, it's really more pastel yellow.
The clock is set to display the time that Carson was born.

So my inspiration came from the following challenges where I will be linking this card to...

Here's how I did it...
Standard A2 size card
inside card
Dark blue card stock is Bazzill
All other paper from my scrap stash
Giraffe/layers cut at 5" from CM Stork's Delivery, p. 52
Clock/layers cut at 1.5" from My Community, p. 9 
Name and date printed on my computer and then cut using CM Custom Cutting system circles 
Sentiments from My Pink Stamper Sweet Baby stamp set
Stars punched from CM star border punch
EK border punch for strip behind Giraffe
Ribbon from my stash as well as brad for clock, and safety pin in bow.
Stickles, blue chalk, and doodles with my gel pen

18 comments:

Dana said...

Very cute...and congrats to your family. http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

jen said...

What a precious card! I love it. TFS
hugs,jen
jennyscards.blogspot.com

Cathryn said...

So adorble, great card!!! Cathryn67 :)

roxie said...

Love the card! You put so much detail in it! You are one talented person!

Melissa and Jeff said...

Ahhhh, so cute! I'm jealous of your great talents! They will love the card!

Owlways Learning More said...

Great take on the skecth, I love the replacment of the giraffe instead of ribbon! Check out my card for the PKS Challenge, Good Luck!

Sarah said...

Love it! I am dying to see that cartridge but being the bargain shopper I am I can't justify the cost--perhaps one day after saving my coinage! It's fabulous how you set the clock for his time of birth!

Madison said...

Fabulous!!! This is one awesome card:) This is one of my favorites:) Thanks for playing with us again this week at Cooking With Cricut:) Good Luck:)
~Madison CWCDT funkycards.blogspot.com

Jean said...

Love this card!! Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with Cricut.

Adrian said...

This is so adorable!

Jen said...

I love your clock set to the baby's arrival time, Barb -- such a clever idea! Very cute card! Congrats on the new addition to the family. Thanks for taking time to play along with us this week at Cooking With Cricut.

~ Jen, CWC Design Team
www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

marilynprestonn said...

This is a beautiful baby card. Love the giraffe and the clock with all the info on the baby.What a thoughtful thing to add to a card. The proud parents will surely love this. And all in blue, wow.

Thank you for playing with us at Crafty Creations Challenge, we love to have you. Do come again.

P.S. I thought I had commented here before, in fact I am sure, but I might have forgotten to do something for it to appear.

Kindly, Peggy

Lisa B said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! How fun is this card. I love how you put the clock on the card to show the time..what a great idea.

Thanks for playing along with us over at Peachy keen Stamps.

Melinda Beltran said...

What an adorable card! I love how it turned out! Thank you SO MUCH for joining us at CWC! You do such wonderful work. I am your newest follower and looking forward to more great "STUFF"! Melin...CookingWithCricut.com

Unknown said...

Well..you certainly DID make something special! This is totally gorgeous and will be treasured!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Peachy Keen. Good luck! Viv xx

Jacquee said...

Very cute!!

Janice W. said...

I LOVE this card!! It is so cute and I love the thought that went into this! I am so glad the PK sketch was able to inspire you to make this adorable card! Thanks for playing!

Kristie W. said...

This is adorable!!