Friday, March 25, 2011

Recyle/Repurpose Challenge

This week over at Frosted Designs, the challenge is to Recycle/Repurpose.
So for my project I did some wall art. 
You can see that I used a normal tag found at the hardware store and repurposed them into mini art pieces. Then, I arranged them on a mat board to make an appealing picture for my front porch. 

All the items I used are things that I might otherwise have thrown away because they didn't match anything else or they are just too small.

You can see I just randomly put things on the tags. In some cases it was just a scrap of paper and a tiny piece of ribbon. 

Those old picture frames in the back of your closet are great for framing your artwork.  
 

The tags I found were 1 5/8" x 3 1/4". I just removed the strings that were on them and added my own twine. I chose to use all scrap papers that were somewhat color coordinated to match my porch. The frame I had was for an 11x14 picture. You can make any size and any number of tags as well as arrange them in in order or shape. The possibilities are endless!

Wouldn't this be a great wedding gift using ribbons and gift wrap papers from the bridal shower gifts? Or a gift for a baby's room using the same items from the baby shower and add a diaper pin to one of the tags.

I cant' wait to see what projects you come up with. Be sure to post them over at Frosted Designs Recycle/Repurpose Challenge so we can all see them.

5 comments:

ruth said...

I've got to get some of those tags now! Great job on the artwork!

Unknown said...

absolutely love the idea about wedding showers or baby shower, you have done so well with this.

Amanda

Jae said...

Very pretty tags! Love the idea. I have an award for you over at my blog. Jenn :) http://craftyfulgardens.blogspot.com/

Barb Craft said...

Barb... I love this idea! Each tag is like a mini piece of art and the finished product is going to look great hanging in your home!!
barb :)

Angela said...

WOW Barb! I really LOVE this project! what a fabulous idea and it could be used for so many other themes! love it!!