Saturday, March 12, 2011

Music in the Air- My Pink Stamper Challenge

It's the weekend - yeah!!! 
I have another quick post for you today. Last night was another My Pink Stamper Blog Hop and Challenge.  The challenge is all about spring. My version is not the typical pastel spring colors you might think of, but rather woodsie, bright colors. The reason.. I got a new cartridge and had to play with it. The cartridge is Campin' Critters. OMG- it is so cute. The birds are starting to sing which means spring is near so I thought this bird was perfect for the challenge and goes well with Robyn's new stamp set, Music Notes. The music notes got a bit tiny to cut well so I drew them in.

Have a wonderful Saturday... only 5 days until I go on vacation!

Here's how I did it...
inside of card
Base card stock is Bazzill
Stripe paper is October Afternoon
All other paper is from my stash
Cuts below from Campin' Critters
  • Hexagon card base cut at 4.25, p.69
  • Hexagon layer for front and inside of card cut at 3.75", p.69
  • Bird and layers cut at 2.5", p. 33
Leaves/branch cut at 1.5" and 1.5"x4.75" from Hoot n' Holler
Sentiment bubble from Once Upon a Princess using the tag feature- tons of them to chose from
Sentiment from My Pink Stamper Music Speaks stamp set
Doodles with my gel pen and marker

10 comments:

DIANA L. said...

This is a very cute card, very colorful and I just love that you finished the inside.

Thanks for sharing
www.dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Scrappymama Elaine said...

Your card is just too cute!

Linda Therrien said...

cute card - love the earth tones. I have my eye on this cartridge!! great job.

I'd like to invite you to visit my sisters blog, she is having a Spring challenge and your card would be perfect for it! www.pattilynnscreations.blogspot.com

Linda
www.lindascreativity.blogspot.com

Emily said...

Very cute! I love the shape and all the different colors!

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Love the hexagon shape and the finished inside, great card! TFS :)

http://www.dilsaverdesigns.blogspot.com/

Adrian said...

very beautiful card!

JanJan808Kreate said...

Such a kute kard...TFS!!!

Unknown said...

Great job. I have something for you at my blog. Kristen

4kids4 said...

This is adorable...great way to celebrate spring! Love the card shape too...tfs!

~Sharon C.

THEBUZYBUG said...

Beautiful! TFS, Come and visit me over at my blog, I have some awesome Blog Candy to giveaway. It ends on Friday :D Bug Hugs....