Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I'm a Guest Designer Today!!

Happy Tuesday!

I am so excited because today I am a Guest Designer over at Cooking with Cricut
This is one of my favorite challenge sites not to mention the great projects and ideas they have each week.


For my Guest Designer spot, I have created this Diva Card using one of my favorite cartridges, Pack Your Bags. 
I think it is one of my favorites because the images are all about travel. I love to travel and travel a lot for work, so I use this cartridge often when scrapping.

I find many of the cuts can be modified slightly for other purposes other than travel or beach scenes. 
 

Example, my card today features this gal with a drink in her hand. She could be strolling in the sun sipping lemonade. But in my case, I gave her a stylish purse and now she's a shopping diva!!


Hopefully she's shopping for scrapbooking supplies.

 

Hope this inspires you to use this cartridge for things other than travel related ones.

Here's How I did it...
Card base is standard A2 size cut using Elegant edges
Pattern is October Afternoon, all other paper is from my scrap stash
Scallop mat cut at 4" x 5.25" from Elegant Edges
Girl/layers cut at 5" from Pack Your Bags
Purse cut at 1.25" from create A Critter
Sentiment from MPS Pinka-licious stamp set
Ribbon is Stampin' Up
Stickles, chalk and doodles with my gel pen.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

This is adorable! Purses make everything cuter, right? In fashion and paper crafting alike :)

Amy said...

Very fun card! Congratulations on your Guest Design Spot! You did a great job! :)Amy

Glenda said...

Congrats on Guest Designer spot! Love this card and the shopping lady! Great sentiment!
Glenda

Jens Craft Corner said...

Congratulations on your guest designer spot. This card is really nice. You did a nice job with it.

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Congrats on your in fashion card. There is a challenge at Tuesday Throwdown ch#64 "punny sentiment" use a pun or play on words (I think yours is a play on words) that "Shop till you drop" may be entered in.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

Cricutjunkie said...

I Love It...Great color choice, anyone would be happy to receive this card. TFS Great Job! Traci

Sherrie K. said...

Hey Barb~Congrats on your Guest Design Spot!! Your card is awesome~I love your fun card....the polka dot paper, cute sentiment and sylish gal! Looks awesome!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Pat N. said...

What an adorable card, Barb. Love your creativeness! Great job!--Pat N.

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

Congrats! Love your card. Your color combination is fabulous! :)

Linda said...

Congratulations on being the Guest Designer. I love your Diva she is so cool. I don't have that cartridge and now I am going to check it out.
Thank you for the sweet comment on my Cricut 360 card. I am so happy you commented that is how I found your blog. I love the title and design.
Bug Hugs,
Linda

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the DT spot, you did an awesome job!! This is really cute! The purse makes it:) Hugs, Pam at http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/