Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Food Fare Wednesday??

Yes, I know it's been a while since I have posted a Food Fare Friday Recipe. But today is a special Food Fare Wednesday instead!

I have Christmas cookies on my mind as well as some great SVG files from Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons.  

So, I put the two together and I ended up scrapping one of my favorite cookie recipes.
This recipe is from the cooks at the grade school I attended when the cooks actually made cookies from scratch at the school.

A few years back, I called the school to talk with the head cook to see if they still might remember this cookie recipe and if they were willing to share it. I was so pleased when she knew right away which recipe it was and faxed it right over to me. Yes, the fax machine. The world hadn't gotten to scanning quite yet.

I have a few dozen of these cookies in the freezer now. If you try the recipe, I suggest making only half a batch. Remember this was a recipe to feed the whole school so it's HUGE!

Now, the design of this 8x8 page was inspired by some cut files that my blogging friend Lisa from Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons has designed.

Santa in his sleigh with his reindeer is from the Jolly St Nick set. You'll love the pretty Snowflakes files. The background digital paper is from the  Christmas Circles and Spots set and finally the whimsical Holiday Trees just released today.

Fun recipes pages like this makes for an enjoyable evening paging through the recipe album.

Please stop by Lisa's blog here to see what other super duper files she is releasing today...you will love them all!!!



0 comments: