Thursday, March 22, 2012

Flower power!

Wow- this week is flying by. I have been trying to get a lot of things done the last few days so I have lots of posts ready next week while I am traveling for work. 


So here is a very quick little card. I am actually thinking of doing a few more of these to make a set as a gift. 
I used the Freshly Picked cartridge. There are about 3 or 4 potted plants on this cartridge that would go well together as a card set. This is the type of geranium I can grow well. Normally geraniums of this sort  don't do well in my yard. 


I am going to link this card up to a couple challenges listed below. 
Cupcake Inspiration Challenge
Made Especially for You- 3 buttons
My Craft Spot- Scallop Challenge


Here's how I did it...
Red checked paper from Lasting Impressions
All other paper from my scrap stash
Base card is 4"x4"
Scallop cut from Lacey Labels at 3.5"
Flowers/layers cut at 3.25" from Freshly Picked
Sentiment/tag from My Creative Time Teeny Tag Greetings stamp set
Buttons and twine from my stash

15 comments:

Rhonda Emery said...

this is really pretty.

Beckie said...

Very pretty. Thanks for playing along with us at ME4Y!

Be blessed, Beckie

Alljazzed2create said...

Very pretty card. Thanks for joining us over at ME4Y.

Tina said...

beautiful colors and details

thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

Tina
sweetie dt

Rene said...

Beautiful!!! Thank you so much for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations this week! Good luck!
Rene :D

Scrappin Abby said...

Adorable card..these would make great card sets for sure. Thanks for joining us at Made Especially For You : )

Dawn said...

Love this little card! The colors are bautiful. (I love red) I'm going to have to look at my Freshly Picked Cartridge. TFS Hugs, Dawn

L.B. said...

I love the background paper..great diea to make a set..pretty

Unknown said...

Barb!

This card is just TOOOO cute!! I love the way you made your flowers!!! ADORABLE!

PS-This would fit in at Krafty Girls challenge blog!

Thanks for joining us at ME4U!!!

Crafty hugs,
Jessica
www.craftinandstampin.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

What a lovely card! :) Thanks for playing along with us at Made Especially For You!

Georgiana said...

What a darling card. Love the flowers and tag. Thanks for sharing at Made Especially For You.

Georgiana
Carson's Creations

glowegal said...

Adorable card!!! I love the beautiful flowers and the pretty tag! Thank you so much for playing along with us this week at Made Especially for You!!!

mom2five said...

Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for joining us at MEFY.

Kate said...

Fabulous card, Barb! A set of these really would make a wonderful gift!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Sentimental Scrapper said...

So cute!! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

Kimberly