Sunday, March 4, 2012

Spring is in the Air

Spring has sprung in the blog world. All kinds of spring challenges have started to sprout.

Here is a start to my spring card making--this cute little baby bluebird. 
Here are the challenges I am linking up to today.

I also came across this new challenge blog called Cupcake Inspirations. I looks really cool so thought I would participate this week as well. Their "cupcake" inspiration this week is cut chick cupcakes with yellow stars- they look  yummy.

The sweet bird was a freebie from Treasure Box Designs. I sized it to fit the front of the card and added some chalk to his checks .
The sentiment is from BugBites All Year Round stamp set 

Here's How I did it....
A2 card base
Yellow and green dot paper from BO Bunny, all others from  my scrap box
Sentiment from BugBites All Year Round stamp set ( found on the side bar of this blog)
Bird/layers cut at 4" from SVG file
Brads from my stash

14 comments:

Pat N. said...

Your card is super cute, Barb, just love it! That blue bird is adorable, and I really like the flower too. Great colors and a good job all around.--Pat N.

Dana said...

Really cute
http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

This is so cute, I love the sentiment!!
Kristan

Chris - Creations in Bloom said...

Such a sweet card. The bird is so cute.

Scrapper69 said...

Such a CUTE CARD!!!! LOVE the little birdy! :o) Wish things were sprouting here! All I see is SNOW on the ground! LOL

Theresa

Aim said...

Barb, what an ADORABLE card!! Your little birdie is so sweet -- I just LOVE it!! :)

Thanks so much for sharing your "SPRING FLING" Talent in the Challenge at Love To Crop!! :)

Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

Tina said...

adorable card...love the little blue bird and the colors are perfect..thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

Tina
sweetie dt

Unknown said...

Barb this is so cute, This little blue bird is just adorable.

Hugs, Pam
http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

Rene said...

Honestly, you could have made this card just for me! Yellow? Check! Daisy? Check! Adorable animal? Absolutely!
This is fabulous! Thank you so much for linking up with us at Cupcake Inspirations this week! Good luck,
Rene :D

Lisa said...

I love your card! The bird is so ADORABLE! I LOVE the flower too! Thanks for entering the challenge at Love to crop!
LTC guest designer ;)
Lisa

N@ Ali said...

cute!

Whimsey said...

Super cute little birdie - LOVE the flower!!

Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations!

Hugs, Michele

Sugarlips said...

This is so cute. Love the bird.
Thanks for joining in the Queen of My Craftroom Challenge.

Beckie said...

Your card is so super cute! Thanks for playing along at LTC!

Be blessed, Beckie