Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Paper Piecing with My Favorite Things

Today is my  DT day over at Ginger Snap Scraps


Today I did a card using a favorite stamp line of mine, My Favorite Things and their Pure Innocence stamps, to do a card using the paper piecing method. 
I like stamping and coloring,  I am just not that good at it yet. So a good alternative is to paper piece some of the stamped parts of an image.


For those of you that are not aware of how to do this, it is quite simple. 
You stamp your image on whatever paper your are going to use for the base. 


Now for the fun part. For my card, I wanted to use the cute flower pattern paper for her dress. So I stamped the image onto the pattern paper (Just love this paper. It's from Bo Bunny and can be found over at Ginger Snap Scraps) and then cut around the part of the dress I wanted to have this pattern. 
Once cut out, I just glued it onto the base image. 


Now, I do suggest if you will be doing any coloring with markers to the image, do this first and then add our paper piecing items. I continued and did the same for the top part of the dress and the kite. I did pop up the kit with pop dots for some added dimension.


It's a great way for anyone to use these stamps and create one of a kind looks without having to worry about blending marker colors. 


Here's How I did it....
Base card is yellow Bazzill card stock
Pattern papers all from the Bo Bunny Hello Sunshine Paper stack
Image and sentiment is from My Favorite Things, Aim High
Sparklies from my stash

2 comments:

jessica said...

this is so adorable! love your paper piecing!!!
TFS and have a GREAT day!!

Adrian said...

U did a great job!