Monday, January 7, 2013

Have a Happy "snowy" Day!

I was looking around Pinterest, as I do every evening before I go to bed, and stumbled across a super cute, but simple card. I pinned it to one of my boards for later if I needed some inspiration.

Each time I see that card, I think I gotta make one like it. So I did. Just so happens to be a challenge going on over at Paper Crafting world this week that is about using snowflakes on a project. You must use your Cricut in some way for this challenge.  There is still time to link up if you hop on over there.

Now back to my inspiration card. After linking from the Pinterest site, I found myself at Jan's blog called Stamps, Paper, Scissor and her super cute card. I just love that little guy making snow angels on her card.

Well, I had to scrap lift the design and give it a try. My photo is a bit dark but the papers are  pretty teals, dark reds and warm beige's.I also used a shimmer white paper from Creative Memories.
I love the red, teal and beige combo these days. Other winter papers tend to look too much like Christmas at times.

My friend had given me a package of badge buttons from CTMH heart. I had not seen them before, but she gave them to me so I felt challenged to see what I could come up with to use them on. After going to my friend "google" to see what the badge buttons were about, I discovered you can stamp on them...brilliant! It was the perfect thing for my sentiment. I am happy with my version of Jan's card.
Thanks Jan for a for a fantastic card layout idea.

Now remember, you still have time to hop over and link up a snowflake project here.

Here's how I did it.....
standard A2 size card base
Papers form  my stash and my scrap box.
Snowflake Cuttlebug embossing folder
Snow angle cut at 2" from the Winter Frolic cartridge
Snowflake from Pretty Papers Pretty Ribbons Snowflake cut file set.
Scallop circle behind the snowflake is my own design using my Cameo software
Button in middle of snowflake is a Badge Button from CTMH
Sentiment from My Craft Spot Tiny Tags 2 stamp set
Face from Peachy Keen
Twine from the Twinery
Stickles for a little snow sparkle



5 comments:

Sonya said...

Super duper cute!!

Pat N. said...

So sweet! I love your white shimmer paper for the background!

Rosie said...

love this card, the embossing makes it pop. great job

rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

Brenda said...

This is an adorable card! Love the embossing, the girl making the snow angel and the sentiment snowflakes-such an awesome combination! Love the color combo too, like you sometimes the papers are to Christmasy. Thanks for joining us at My Paper Crafting ;-)

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

The beautiful embossing with the darling little girl making snow angels is so perfect. Love the papers you used too. Thanks for joining us at My Paper Crafting.