Saturday, January 5, 2013

Treasure every moment!

Happy Saturday-- wow, I love these short weeks after a holiday.
Earlier this week I released my new stamp set, Candy Speaks. I am having a blast making projects with this stamp set...I am having so much fun. 

If you missed the release or any of the sneek peak post, you can find them by clicking the home button at the top of this page and then scroll down to view all the previous posts. 

If you haven't picked up this new set yet, you can just click the button on the side of my blog below the picture of the set. It's a pretty good value for just $11.99.

Here is the latest card I just finished using the treasure every moment sentiment from that stamp set.
Die Cuttin Divas is kicking off the year with a sketch challenge, so with that sketch in mind, this design came to be. 

I pulled out a lot of different tools, papers and some new ones I got at Christmas time. 

I used this adorable pirate couple from the Lettering Delights Be My Matey set. I got this set in a bundle sale last year at this time. It was well worth every penny. Aren't they so sweet with those cute Peachy Keen faces. Oh, they have an PKS Anything Goes challenge going on here too.

Another place I like to grab svg files is over at Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons. The mat for my sentiment is from a Sentiments Spots 1 set. I just sized it three times to layer it up. 

Now for the pattern paper with words. I could not find the right paper in my stash that I felt went with the stripes and dots. I know, how can that be when I have stacks of paper! 
It then hit me that I could make my own printed paper. I just got in the mail yesterday, the new Love Collage bakcground stamp from My Creative Time. This was just released this week and they flew out the door. I was so happy that I got my order in early to get it. I just stamped it on white paper and cut the size I needed.

I added some buttons and some new heart gems I picked up at the craft store earlier today. 
The lil' couple is mounted to the card with two thicknesses of black foam tape. 

Thanks to a great sketch for inspiration, I ended up with a super cute card today. 
Be sure to check out the DT inspiration cards over at Die Cuttin' Divas and Peachy Keen stamps and maybe give the sketch a shot.



10 comments:

BugBites said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mommy's Crafty Creations said...

Your card is so adorable! Thank you for joining our DCD sketch challenge.

Veronica DCD

Cassandra said...

Ok, that's just the cutest little couple ever!!!! Arrrrrgh! Thanks for joining us in this week's Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge. :)

~Cassandra

Pat N. said...

Ok, I may have said this before you tried to clean up your spam!, But your card is super cute and I love your take on the sketch. Your new stamp set looks terrific Barb! Glad you joined the DCD challenge this week.

Cindy Beland said...

OMG this is sooo STINKIN' CUTE!GORGEOUS job with your sweet card,Thanks for joining us in this week's Challenge at Peachy Keen Stamps!!!:)

mum of two said...

Barb, this is so CUTE!! TFS :)

Michelle
Purple Monkey Moments

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Darling card Barb! I am loving those cute little pirates! Thanks for joining our challenge this week at Peachy Keen Stamps!

i'm with the band said...

Such an amazing card!

Jeanne Streiff said...

So cute! Thanks for playing the Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge!

Gerda said...

What a super cute card!! Love that little couple!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com