Sunday, August 5, 2012

Happy Birthday!

Nope not my birthday but rather just a challenge card for a birthday girl. However, if it is your birthday today--HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Have you guys heard of the Paper Craft Island Blog? If you are a survivor fan, then you will love this. Hop over to check it out.

So, every so often when the island members are working on their immunity projects, the general blogger community is invited to participate in reward challenges. This week is Reward Challenge #2.. the challenge is to make a birthday card for a 10 year old girl. So easy that I had to play along- not to mention I am dying to know who gets the immunity idol!
My card is simple but says it all and what young lady doesn't like pastel colors. Hope she likes it!!

Here's how I did it...
A2 base from white card stock
Background pattern paper from My Minds Eye Fine and Dandy paper pack
All other paper from my scrap box
Candles cut at 2.25" from Birthday Bash cart
Border stamp from My Creative Time Small Talk stamp set
Sentiment from My Craft Spot Tiny Tags stamp set
Stickles
Ribbon from my stash- bow made using my new 3 Girl Jam bow maker-Awesome!!

5 comments:

Paper Craft Island said...

This is so darling!!!! I love it and I'm sure it'll make my daughter smile to see this! :) Thanks for playing along and good luck!!! :)

Hugs from the Island ♥

Karons Krafty Korner said...

Such a lovely birthday card. TFS

Larelyn said...

Very cute card, Barb. So, what is the 3 Girl Jam bowmaker?
Hugs,
Larelyn

Pamela Lash said...

Very lovely and I too have that great bow maker - love it! TFS!
Cyberhugs..........Mama LoveBug

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Super cute card - I love those candles! I love my bow maker too, sure helps make some pretty bows!