Thursday, August 2, 2012

It's the Queen of Hearts

So if you haven't heard, there is a new challenge blog soon to start some fun challenges. Yup, it's SK digis by Sonia. She is super talented with designing some super fun images just waiting for you to play and create with.

Challenges will begin September 3. In the meantime, hop over to her website to see all the great designs now and start playing.

One of my favorites is her little Queen Bee. I posted a card with one Queen Bee a few days back, but here is another cutie I call the Queen of Hearts. She's got love in her eyes!
Yes, I know we're not even near February, but the idea for this card just popped into my head so I had to do it it right away. I guess I have one card done for that holiday.

I colored and cut all the layers for the bee using the Cameo and Silhouette software. Sonia has a great tutorial here to see how to do this.  I can't wait to see what "Queen Bee" will look like for fall!

I am so excited to be a part of Sonia's Design Team. Can't wait to get started with the first Challenge, September 3rd. Spread the word!



Here's how I did it..
A2 card base with white card stock
All papers are from my scrap box-I even had to piece the background and cover the seam with ribbon
Hearts were left over die cuts from last valentine's day- can't remember the carts they are from :(
Love U sentiment from My Pink Stamper and heat embossed
Valentine sentiment printed from my computer
Glitter pen on the eyes and crown
Teeny tiny black buttons from  my stash

9 comments:

Annette said...

This is so cute! She does look lovestruck doesn't she! Great job:)
Annette
My Mind's Dust Bunnies

Tracy said...

Love the bee! Cute card!

Jovan said...

Super cute!

Rhonda Emery said...

really cute card love it

Daisylove Creations said...

This is super adorable!! That little bee image is just beyond cute!!
Diana
daisylovecreations.blogspot.com

jessica said...

This is so adorable!!!!

Karons Krafty Korner said...

Such a fabulous card - WOW. TFS

Sonia said...

WOW! Stunning card Barb... thank you very much for your support... HUGS...SK :)

Missy said...

What a cute card---the bee image and papers you used are really cute! Thank you so much for the kind words you left on my blog!!