Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Wacky Wednesday Challenge

Well, happy Tuesday, I guess- sure feels like a Monday though. 

Last night I was, what would the guys in my house call, multi-tasking. That is creating on my gypsy while watching TV.

This was a card I did with the Cricut Cartridge Chaos Challenge in mind which is to use any cut from the Wild Card cartridge.

There are so many different options on this cart. I challenged myself with using a cut that may be overlooked- the lattice/diamond background.

The birds are from the Songbird cart. This cartridge does not have layers, so I cut all my pieces multiple times and trimmed away what I did not want from each to get the look I wanted.

Here's how I did it....
Standard A2 cad base of off white card stock
Lattice background cut at 4"x5.35" from Wild Card
Bird on branch/layers cut at 2.18" from Songbird
Bird in Bird Bath/layers cut at 2.18" from Songbird
Tag cut from Once Upon A Princess
Sentiment from MPS Everyday Occasion stamp set
Brads and ribbon from my stash
Lots of chalk and doodles with my gel pen

12 comments:

Sarah said...

Cute card! Not sure the guy in my house is familiar with this multitasking you speak of!

Here's hoping your Tuesday that felt like Monday was fabulous :)

Adrian said...

cute card, like how you used trellis!

Unknown said...

This is a very sweet card. I love tiny birds. We have birdhouse in our backyard tree and swallows make babies in it all summer. Your card puts me in mind of them. Hugs, Pam at http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

DIANA L. said...

This card came out so nice--I love the lattice work.
I do that all the time, get more done that way.

Amy said...

Well you did a great job multitasking! What a pretty card and I love the lattice as background! :)Amy

Laurie said...

That is a beautiful card!! Good luck with the challenge!

Scrapper69 said...

This is a very pretty card Barb! Good Luck with the Challenge! :o)
Theresa

Carol's Creations said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carol's Creations said...

Absolutely beautiful! I've always wondered how to use that lattice from Wild card...Thanking for creating such a beautiful card!

Sherrie K. said...

What a pretty card! I like the pretty patternn paper and the lattice is a nice look. The birdies are adorable! Awesome
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogpspot.com

melissa said...

What a great wat to utilize a cartridge that is under- appreciated! I love it! :)

L.B. said...

Very cute card! Love these birds.