Sunday, August 28, 2011

Frightfully Delightful

I am back home after a long 9 hour flight. Thankfully we had no connections through the east coast cities or who knows where we would be today.
Today will be a day to catch up on some rest. 

Fall is around the corner and with that, I think of Halloween. Love the colors of this holiday and the quirky fun that comes with it. 

This card uses one of my favorite stamps from the BugBites All Year Round Stamp set. for this card.

 I really like how it turned out.

Here's How I did it...
All paper from my scrap stash
Card base and background mat cut 5" and 4.5" from Phrases
Bat/tree with layers cut at 3.5" from Simply Charmed
Tree embossed using distressed striped Cuttlebug folder
Moon embossed with Boo To You Cuttlebug folder
Face on bat from PKS Make a Monster Face stamp set
Sentiment from BugBites All Year Round stamp set.
Brads from my stash
Twine from the Twinery

11 comments:

jessica said...

This is adorable Barb!!

Amy said...

This is adorable! I love that cute little upside down bat and the shape is great! Glad that you are back without issues- hope you had a wonderful trip :)Amy

Shelly said...

Super cute! Love the card!
Shelly

Carol's Creations said...

I like it, I like it alot!!! The embossing in the moon is too cool!

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

I love your bat. Your card is spooktacular! Nice job on the embossing.

Sherrie K. said...

This card is so cute Barb!!! I love the upside down bat and cool paper..love it!
Glad you made it home safe:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

**happen to be in St Cloud yesterday for a quick trip for family gathering and a stop at Crafts Direct! Wow, was it busy there. Wonderful Anniversary sale going on:) Oooh, I LOVE that store! I will let you know when I am in the area and have some spare time..we can meet up at CD coffee shoppe! Talk soon

Karen said...

This card is so awesome! I love the embossing on the moon. The upside down bat is so adorable. And I love the background paper you used! :)

Karen
craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

Jovan said...

Great card! I love the face and embossing!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So super fun and spooky! Great design!

Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

JustYolie said...

I'm ready for Halloween! Great card!

DIANA L. said...

What a fun card-The tree is not too spooky.

DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/