Sunday, February 23, 2014

Goodies for Crafty Friends

Hello everyone! I have a little gift bag project to share with you today. It's not the typical gift bag project, but it is made with a brown paper bag. I have several of these lunch bags in my closet and decided to challenge myself to come up with a project to put them to good use.
The result is a gift bag to hold goodies for my crafty friends. 

I started by trimming about 3" off the top of the bag. Next I punched a scalloped border to make it more decorative but you could certainly leave the edge as is. 
With the opening of the bag at the bottom, I folded the bag opening up just to cover the folded flap of the bag bottom and stapled down each of the sides to keep it together. I think sewing would be super cute as well. I now have two pockets to fill with goodies.
I added some pattern paper, ribbon and washi tape. The Fox is an SVG File from the  Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons Forest Critters set found here. I tied a pretty bow with a sentiment tag made from the Jaded Blossom Mini Tag Dies and Forest Friends Stamp set

I am linking this project up to the PPPR Anything Goes Challenge

Have a crafty Day!

10 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Super cute!!

snappy scrappy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
snappy scrappy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nikki said...

Great idea :)

Kathy Salido said...

Love this project!!

Sonya said...

Absolutely fabulous!!

Sherrie K. said...

Super cute idea! Love the little foxy!
Sherrie K

Kate said...

Adorable. Lucky Friend.

Melisa Alzammar said...

Barb, I love your little bag. That fox is adorable.
Thanks for linking it to the Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons Anything Goes Challenge
Melisa
PPPR DT

Larelyn said...

Such a cute idea, Barb. Just got out a bag to try it. Thanks so much for sharing your crafty goodness.
Hugs,
Larelyn