Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Live in the Moment-at the Beach!

Well, the weather is hot. I mean HOT here in MN. We can get some pretty warm days, but this is crazy. So, guess that's why I was thinking of the beach when I did this card. 
It's design team day over at Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons and am so excited to be able to cut this PPPR tri-fold shutter card with one click of the mouse and my Cameo. Sure beats all the measuring and making sure to line the cuts up with the score lines in order for it to fold together correctly. I know you guys  out there know what I mean.
I recently invested in a new color printer to use with the Cameo but have been too busy to really play with it much until this week. I designed my card in the Silhouette software and then used the print and cut feature for all the parts. No paper piecing-gasp! LOL, not a chance. Even the print and cut feature allows for piecing. 

For the shell borders, I group the shells how I wanted them printed and cut them out. I did the same for the sand castle. 

Now we start getting crazy. The umbrella, sun and pail I printed and cut the entire image but then also printed and cut additional parts of the image so I could add them with foam tape for dimension. It's hard to see in this photo,but i did this for the sun, umbrella, shovel and sand.

It looks like I used a lot of files for this but really only used two, Tri-fold Shutter Card and the Day at the Beach file set. 

Please stop by the Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons blog to see the great projects the other DT members have created for you this week.

5 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Fab beach scene...love it!!

Gerda said...

Hi Barb! Love this card! Have a great day.
Gerda

Pat N. said...

Oh wow! This is amazing, Barb. What a great job with this tri-fold. Sounds like it was a little easier with the file you used. Beautifully finished!

Karen said...

awesome love it cooling off here in NY wish there were just a few summer afternoons left

L.B. said...

Stay cool. Love the card