Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Fashionista Cards

A week or so ago, I saw a great card on Pinterest that I knew I wanted to try.
Early yesterday morning, before heading into my gardens for the day I gave it a whirl. It is a Cricut free card- oh my!!!

The card showcases a print dress done by folding origami paper. I have to admit I had to watch the video a couple times to be sure I got it right.
My dress was made using a 4" square piece of text weight scrapbook paper, not card stock. Card stock would be too hard to fold and get everything straight. You can find the video directions for the dress here. When I watched this video another one popped up on the side of my screen for another dress. 
You can find the video instructions for the second dress here.

I had a small micro punch from CM I used to layer the flowers with a crystal in the middle.

I used Kraft paper as my base card and then stamped the sentiments, from My Pink Stamper Pinka-licious stamp set in black. Used a ruler and black pen for a simple border so all the focus would be on the dress. 

This was fun and I like how simple they are. 

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Shut the front door-- I know what I will be trying to make tonight :) Love these cards!

Robin said...

These are soo cute! I was just looking at a dress card that someone had made today on a new blog I found. How funny :) Her's had a template that can be used for it, but I am going to check these out too! TFS
(:(:Smiles:):)

Robin

Rhonda Emery said...

super cute cards

Kate said...

That turned out so cute. I might just have to ask my DS to help me with those. He loves origami.

Hugs,
Kate

Migdalia said...

What an adorable dress for a fabulous card!!TFS

Unknown said...

Wow...so many ideas so little time. Love those cards. And each one can be different, just change the paper. Thanks for sharing the video