Monday, May 7, 2012

My First Ginger Snap Scraps DT Post

Today is my first DT post over at Ginger Snap Scraps. The DT has put together projects using the new Tim Holtz Seasonal Spring Distress Ink This ink is so pretty you must get it!

I do not do a lot of blending with the Tim Holtz inks, usually using them for inking edges. So, this gave me a new opportunity to try something different.

I started with white card stock and started to use all three colors from this spring collection, layering them and blending the ink together so it was seamless from one color to the next. Once I got it how I wanted it, I positioned it on my cutting mat to cut the bird.

I am happy with the results. I also used the Tim Holtz Vintage ink to ink the edges of my card to match the mat color better. You could do this with any ink color and white card stock. a great way to match your papers on the front without having a full sheet of colored paper.

This card is for a friend who recently lost her mother. I hope it brings her some comfort.

Here's how I did it...
Base card is A2 size
Pattern paper from My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline 6x6 Paper pack
Bird/layers cut at 2.5" from Indie Art cart
Mat cut from Elegant Edges and sized on my gypsy to fit
Sentiments from My Pink Stampers Sympathy and Comfort stamp set

15 comments:

jessica said...

This is beautiful Barb!!! WOW such great colors and that bird is awesome!
TFS and have a GREAT day!

Kate said...

Your card is so beautiful. I love what you did with the Bird so pretty.

Hugs,
Kate

Missy said...

Beautiful. You inspire me to keep practicing!

Missy

Missy said...

Beautiful. You inspire me to keep practicing!

Missy

recollectionalley said...

Beautiful use of the ink. I love the blending on the bird!

recollectionalley said...

Beautiful use of the ink. I love the blending on the bird!

Renee B. said...

Beautiful card!

Ann said...

This is gorgeous, Barb! I'm sure your friend will appreciate it.

Sarah said...

Barb! This is gorgeous! Love how it turned out-- I will definitely need to try this :)

Creative Diva said...

Barb! Truly beautiful. I love how you inked the bird.

Hugs,
Patty
creativediva98.blogspot.com
Ginger Snap Scraps DT Sister

glowegal said...

Wow, wow, wow!!! Gorgeous! I love the ombre look of the distress inks on the bird! I think I need that cart now, too!! lol

Sew Sweet N Crafty said...

Beautifully done. Love the whole card...I didn't even know I had that bird on Indie Art...I discover something new everyday. Yah!

Sew Sweet N Crafty
SewSweetNCrafty.blogspot.com

Pat N. said...

What a beautiful card, Barb. Very nice inking too. Looks wonderful.--Pat N.

Sherrie K. said...

I love how this turned out-I may have to give this a try! Beautiful design!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Connie Can Crop said...

Wow! Your bird is amazing! I love the blending of the colors. Very very pretty!