Tuesday, May 22, 2012

My first graduation card of the season

So far I have three graduation cards to get done this week. Here is the first one.
I came across a beautiful card done by Marlene over at the Scrappin' Cookie last year. I took inspiration from her wonderful design and came up with this version. 



I found the digi stamp online over at Whimsey Stamps. I first printed the sentiment on card stock to the size I thought would be right for the card. I then positioned it on my cutting mat so it matched up where I had placed the scallop mat on my gyspy screen. With much luck, it cut perfectly the first time..yup, I can hardly believe it.  I think this is the first time ever I did not have to print extras and re-cut and re-cut and re-cut before I get it all lined up correctly. I know you all can relate!


Oh, the hat- well that was my little treat in the mail on Monday. It's the new My Creative Time Here's Lookin' at You stamp and die set. Love it!


I will be back later with my other grad cards. Not sure what I am going to do yet, but need to start cutting something.


I see Fantabulous Cricut also has a challenge this week for Graduation projects as does My Craft Spot, and a green challenge at Little Scrap Pieces where I will be linking up. You should too!


Here's how I did it...
Base card is 5" square
Green pattern papers from Cosmo Cricket Tea for Two 6x6 pad and Lawn Fawn 6x6 pad
Digi sentiment from Whimsey Stamps
Scallop mat from Elegant Edges sized on my gyspy
Hat from My Creative Time Here's Looking At You stamp set 
Twine from Twinery

8 comments:

Chriss America Real said...

Oh I really like this card! I am posting my first graduation card tomorrow! "Tis the Season" lol!

Hugs,

Chriss

Cindy Beland said...

WOW FANTASTIC job as always!your card is just AMAZING,Thanks for joined us at FCCB this week!:)

GiGi said...

This is fabulous! I love the classic look with the addition of the twine. The poem couldn't be more perfect! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot.

Karen said...

Hi Barb thanks so much for joining my Fun Friday challenge. Perfect colors I could have used this card for my daughter graduation too! LOVE you sentiment that is one of my favorite quotes! Karen

Tammy said...

Your card is just beautiful. Love the quote it is a great one. Thanks for playing along with us at the FCCB.

Sherrie K. said...

Amazing card Barb! Your design layout is GREAT! Thanks for joining us in the challenge at FCCB!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Renee B. said...

What a lovely card & the sentiment is beautiful!

Kate said...

This is wonderful, Barb!! I love this card! The sentiment is perfect and I love the way it's the focal point of your card. Great job!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fantabulous Cricut!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper