Sunday, June 12, 2011

Birthday Sundaes Birthday Card

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. Here is a quick card I put together for the Birthday Sundaes Challenge this week.The challenge is to use either wet or dry embossing. I embossed the cupcake wrapper with the distressed stripes Cuttle bug folder. I then used a brown chalk to lightly rub over it so it stands out better.

Here's how I did it...
All paper is scraps from my stash
Card base cut at 8.5" x 5.5" from Birthday Bash, p. 39
Cupcake/layers cut at 2.5" from Birthday Bash, p. 58
A couple buttons and some doodles with my gel pen
Sentiment from My Creative Time's  Wow! Sp Many Candles stamp set
Ribbon from my stash

7 comments:

Amy said...

Very cute cupcake! Love the embossing folder you chose for the wrapper. Amy :)

Sonya said...

Super cute--good enough to eat!

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Cute, cute, cute! That cupcake looks yummy!

Anonymous said...

very cute card! :-)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Cute card!

Theresa said...

Very Yummy :)

Jens Craft Corner said...

I love your card. I always love a little cupcake. Thank you for playing along with us at Birthday Sundaes.