Saturday, June 25, 2011

Going Old School

The Throwback Thursday challenge over at My Creative Time was to  use a sketch for inspiration 

AND you could not use any of your Cricut tools. 



Wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.

I picked up this cute stamp at the local craft store. All clear stamps were 40% of this week- can you believe it. This little stamp set included Little Uncle Sam, Lady Liberty, 2 sentiments, a row of stars, a flag and a firework burst all for $2!!

Here's how I did it...
Base card is 5"x5"
Paper is from Memory Keepers Yankee Doodles 6x6 pack
EK border punch for Navy blue mat
Stamp and sentiment is Stampendous- Patriotic Pair
Stars are punched from the Creative Memories mini star punch
Tiny stars are from Creative Memories Star border punch

11 comments:

Amy said...

What a great take on this sketch challenge! You certainly were able to do the "no cricut" thing well! Love the card! :)Amy

Cassandra said...

I love your version of the challenge! This is sooo great. Nice work :)

www.Ctimz3.blogspot.com

Kate said...

Great card, Barb! I don't know if I could make something without my Cricut. You've done a fabulous job! What a fantastic deal on the stamps, too!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Fun card!

VICTORIA said...

Love the card great job on it. Victoria :)

Sherrie K. said...

Hi Barb~
Sounds like you got a heck of a deal:) Wow, I love your cute 4th of July card!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Megan said...

This is adorable! I love the stamps you used!

Amy said...

This is a great take on the sketch! Thanks for your nice comments on my blog, would love for you to become a follower too! :)
Amy

redheadedcrafter.blogspot.com

DIANA L. said...

Nice job on this card. I love the star paper, What a great deal on the stamps- I thought This was a pretty easy sketch, also.

Glora said...

What a cutie. This is such a sweet Independence Day card! Hugs- Glora

Unknown said...

This is a great card, you followed the sketch to a tee:) I like the 4th inspiration. Hugs, Pam at http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/