Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Pink Cricut Guest Designer Project ~ Bon Appetite!

Today I am a Guest Designer over at Pink Cricut. On January 25th, Sarah announced her new Pink by Design Team and I was lucky enough to be chosen as one of them. You can click here to see all the new members. It is a privilege to be among this group of talented crafters.

As many of you know, I love to cook and try new recipes. With that said, I also like to scrap my favorite recipes. I scrap them all as 8x8 page layouts and keep them in albums with page protectors so when I cook, the pages stay nice and clean.

My guest designer project today is an 8x8 layout of one of my son's favorite dishes and what we usually have on Christmas mornings. I can't believe I haven't scrapped it until now. I came across this pretty french blue and yellow patterned papers and they seemed just fitting for this layout. I used 5, yes 5 different Cricut carts on this layout!
If you cannot read the recipe, drop me a note and I will be glad to send it to you.  
Please come back and leave a comment if you try the recipe. I would love to hear how you liked it.

Here's How I Did it...
Pattern paper: Little Yellow Bicycle-Cornflowers and October Afternoon-Seaside
All other paper is Bazzill and scraps from my paper stash
Recipe printed and trimmed to 5 1/4" x 6 3/8""
Yellow pattern paper strips: cut 2 ~ 1.5" x 6" and 2 ~ 1.75 x 6" 
Blueberry clusters/layers cut at 2.75" from Preserves Cricut cart, p.50

Title
    Blueberry word/Shadow cut at 1.15" from Preserves Cricut cart, p.50
    French Toast words/shadows welded and cut at 1.15" from CM Cheerful Seasons
    Cricut cart
Sentiment Label
    Frame for sentiment cut at 1" and 1.25" for shadow from Lacy Labels Cricut cart
    Sentiment from Pink by Design Country Living Stamp set
    Baby button brads and pop dots
Chef
    Body (tag) cut at 2.5" from Tags, Bags, Boxes & More Cricut cart, p.90 using white and beige paper
    Head (circle) cut at 1.25" from Tags, Bags, Boxes & More Cricut cart, p.82 from beige paper & brown paper (cut brown circle in half and place on top of beige for hair; trim excess from top of head.)
    Chef hat cut at 3.5" from 3 Birds on Parade Cricut cart, p.55
    Face from Peachy Keen Boy Mates Faces stamp set
    Snippet of white for collar flap, black pearl sticker for button, & pop dots

Blue chalk, doodles with brown, and white gel pen

6 comments:

joomla outsource said...

Cute card!! Those sparkles are looking lovely.. I love those color combinations.. Thanks for this fabulous card

Natasha said...

MMmm, sounds delish. What a great way to make your recipes special. TFS.

p.s. I will have to try this recipe. We love blueberries!

Natasha
craftingwithanatasha.blogspot.com

Maureen Reiss said...

This LO is awesome!!! I love the little chef!!

Jessica Buffa said...

Super cute!!! love the colors and patterns used on this one!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Wonderful recipe layout. Need to put together a recipe book for my daughter who finished her 1st yr at college living in the dorm and will be in an apt so I'm giving her cooking lessons/tips.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://createdbysunshinehoneybee.blogspot.com

Barb said...

I never would have thought of making a person using a circle and a tag! I would have jumped right to one of the Paper Dolls carts. This page is super cute. It would go great framed in my kitchen--I have a blueberry theme! Thanks for sharing! I'll be checking out your blog hop this weekend!