Thursday, June 30, 2011

Happy 4th of July from BugBites and my Cricut

I just have a few more holiday cards left to get in the mail.
I am back to using my Cricut - Yeah!
I like to stamp, but love using my Gypsy and Cricut to create.

I still have some scrap 4th of July paper left so I used it for the background on this card.
Because it is a busy pattern, I decided on a simple cut from A Child’s Year.


Added a sticker border from a 4th of July sticker sheet I picked up by Memory Keepers and added it to the top.

I am happy how it turned out. 
 

I am going to link this card up to the following challenges.
Cricut Circle Weekly Challenge-Patriotic Pride
Craft Us Crazy- Red, White and Blue
Wacky Wednesday Challenge – Red White and Blue

I encourage all of you to give these challenges a try- it is so easy to find scraps of red, white and blue paper in you drawer and through them on a card to see what you get. Can’t get easier than that.

       
Here’s How I did it…

Card base is A2
Paper is from my stash
Sticker border form Memory Keepers
Children/layers cut at 3.75” from A child’s Year
Sentiment tag cut from Once Upon A Princess
The sentiment is from Stampendous
MS Red bakers twine- yes I seem to be obsessed with this right now. LOL!

7 comments:

Amy said...

Great card! I love the banner at the top! :)Amy

Sarah said...

I feel you on the obsession with twine :) Great card! Hope you have a wonderful 4th!

Cheryl said...

Fabulous, patriotic card!


--Cheryl--
Stop by my blog to check out my blog candy!

Emily said...

Cute card! I like that cut!

Sherrie K. said...

Love your little banner you created on the top of your card. Great card for the 4th!
Sherrie K

Unknown said...

Great card!

Amy said...

This card is so cute! You are very talented!! :)
Amy