Friday, June 24, 2011

Frosted Designs Friday Challenge and Food Fair Friday

Happy Friday!!!

A crazy busy week for me at work.

It is time for another Frosted Designs Fabulous Friday Challenge - black and white plus one color!


I decided to combine this challenge with my Food Fare Friday. You know how I love recipes.

First off, the sponsor of this weeks challenge at Frosted Designs is Creative Cuts & More .

They have loads of die cuts including frames, album covers, shapes, and more!
They were so generous to send a few of their die cuts to some of the DT members to use on their projects this week, how nice.

I selected to use the 81/2x11 color block mat, decorative label shapes and their buckle die cut set


My BFF had a graduation open house last weekend and one of her sister-in-laws made these wonderful bars. So I had to get the recipe. It is so super simple and good!

I trimmed the color block mat down to 8x8, cut one of the die cuts in half to spread the black color around and embossed the buckle die cuts and put some ribbon through them to make it look like a strap holding all the blocks together for this recipe.

Here's how I did it...
Cut color block die cut down to 8x8 from Creative Cuts and More
All papers from my stash
2- black shape diecuts from Creative Cuts and More, one cut in half
2 buckles embossed with swiss dots cuttlebug folder from Creative Cuts and More
Title/layers cut at 1" from Cindy Loo
Mixer/layers cut at  2.25" from Nifty Fifties
A few stickles on the stars and letters


Please jump over to Frosted Designs to see what the other designers have done and link up a project. I would love to see what you come up with.

2 comments:

Jessica Buffa said...

Hi Barb. Congrats on being chosen as a DT member for Cricut 360!
:O)
Jessica
Already a follower of your wonderful blog!

Great recipe LO and sounds yummy!

Sandy S. (CraftyCreations) said...

Hi Barb,

Love your recipe layout. Very cute. Congrats on the being part of the Cricut 360 team!

Sandy
http://thecraftycreationspot.blogspot.com/