Monday, June 25, 2012

4th of July card for a couple challenges

I have been practicing my copic marker coloring. Still not perfect, but it's come a long way. I really enjoy paper piecing the stamped images and then combining them with cuts from my Cricut. 

Once of my stamp lines is Pure Innocence...I recently picked up this cute stamp over at Ginger Snap Scraps.
I decided I wanted her to look festive for the 4th of July. I paper pieced her clothing and then did my best to color her face and hair. Not too bad I guess. 

I was craft shopping with my friend a week ago and came across this sticker lace I used in the border.
It looks and feels like real lace, but already has adhesive on the back. How cool is that. It lays really flat on the paper too.

So I am linking this cute little card up to:
My Sheri Crafts Red, White and Blue challenge,
The Kraft Journal Make it Monday Anything Goes Challenge,
Bitten By the Bug Patriotic Challenge
The DT's over at these blogs have some amazing projects for you to look at- be sure to stop by and take a look and link up a project too!


Here's How I did it...
A2 base card from Kraft card stock
Pattern papers from Authentique Glory 6x6 paper pad
Pure Innocence stamp "Being Cute is What I Do" paper pieced and fussy cut
Scallop Mat/layers cut from Elegant Edges at 4"
Stars punched from CM star punch
Lace border is Lace tape
Sentiment from BugBites All Year Round stamp set
Twine from my stash
Button from my stash

22 comments:

Lynn said...

Adorable card! Love the girl image, colored so beautifully. Great mix of patterned papers as well. I've never seen lace like that, I'll have to check it out. Thanks for joining us at The Kraft Journal.

Adrian said...

Very cute, u did great coloring!

Sarah said...

Hello--the coloring is awesome! Nice work! And that lace--super fun! Great card!

Chriss America Real said...

So adorable!

Hugs,

Chriss

Brenda said...

What an amazing card! I so love that little girl image, how cute is she?! The papers you used are fabulous and I think your piecing and copic coloring is fabulous! Don't know where you found that lace but it is amazing and I love that it has adhesive on the back!! Thanks for joining the patrotic challenge at BBTB2 ;-)

Lolis said...

So adorable! Love the lace! Great coloring!

L.B. said...

must find some of that lace..very cool and your card looks great!

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Super cute Barb! Your coloring looks amazing and I love all the fun layers and trim!

DonnaMundinger said...

Very cute! Love those Pure Innocence images. Great paper piecing and coloring. I bought some of that lace at a Scrap Expo too and forgot all about it. Thanks for reminding me and for sharing with BBTB2. xxD

Jeri said...

Such a sweet card. Love the paper piecing. That adhesive backed lace is really cool. I'll have to look for some of that.

Sandi said...

what a sweet card, you did a great job with the Copics and love that lace, thanks for joining us at the BBTB2 Challenge, hugs

Carole Beath said...

Adorable card... love that little girl. thanks for joining us on our BBTB2 patriotic challenge.
Carole

~JulieH~ said...

Adorable card that image is so cute and you've coloured and paper pieced her beautifully.Love the adhesive lace! Thanks so much for joining us at BBTB2
Juliexx

Anonymous said...

Love the card. That's an adorable image and colored very well. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

Susan Edwards said...

This is a darling July 4th card. Love the image and your coloring! Thanks for joining the Patriotic challenge at BBTB2!

Susan

Glenda said...

Adorable Patriotic card! Love the sweet image and your pretty coloring! Great papers! Thanks for sharing with us at BBTB2 and My Sheri Crafts!
Glenda

Marge said...

I too need lots of practice coloring well with my Copics! LOVE your sweet image, great patriotic DP and that great lace!!! Thanks so much for sharing with us @ My Sheri Crafts!!!

Curko said...

What a sweet card! I love everything about it...the paper, the embellishments, the sweet little girl. Its just perfect! TFS and playing with us at BBTB2:0)

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Such a cute card. Love the digi and you did a great job with it! Wow adhesive lace- looks awesome. Thanks for creating with us at BBTB2.

shelly said...

barb your card is super cute. adorable lil image and i like your papers :) definetly will have to look for that lace too. thanks for sharing your sweet card with us at bbtb2

Melissa said...

So pretty. I love everything about it! I must get some of that Lace Tape too. That's so cool! Thanks for linking up at BBTB2! :)

Tangle said...

Love this! what a darling take on the challenge. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at BBTB2!

-Rebekah