Tuesday, June 26, 2012

SMS Patriotic Pride challenge card

Scrappy Moms Stamps challenge this week is Patriotic Pride. 
I was re-organizing some things in my craft room over the weekend and came across some supplies I forgot I had. You know what I mean...buy something really cool, bring it home meaning to use it asap and then before you know it, it is out of sight out of mind. 


So my little treasure I rediscovered this weekend was a packet of Making Memories jean pocket die cuts. Yes, they are covered with a denim type fabric and are dimensional.
I have had this little packet for well over a year because frankly at the time I got them, I thought what in the world will I do with these. Well, here we are a year later and I finally came up with a project for them.
So today, I decided to use one of these little pockets and fill it with stars for the 4th of July holiday. 
Remember to stop by Scrappy Moms Stamps and check out all the other Patriotic fun going on over there!


Here's how I did it...
A2 card base on Kraft paper
stripe and red paper from Authentique Glory paper pad, all others from my scrap box
Pocket die from Making Memories
Stars punched using CM star punches
Twine from Twinery
Crystal stickers from my stash
Sentiment typed and printed from my computer

9 comments:

Kate said...

This is so Pretty. TFS

Hugs,
Kate

Dawn said...

Love this card! That little pocket is sooo cute with the star flowers. Yeah, I know what you mean about buying things and forgetting about them, I do it all the time... Hugs, Dawn

Kelly Krocker Kreates said...

Awesome card!!!! I love the pocket and colors. So creative!

Migdalia said...

Fabulous Card!

Pat N. said...

Looks Great Barb. Nice Card!--Pat N.

Angela Crafty Spot said...

Very pretty card!! I just made some patrotic things today too!!
Angela

Unknown said...

Great 4th card! I love the stars coming out of the pocket.

Hugs, Pam
http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

Lezlye said...

Love this! Thanks for playing with us at scrappy moms stamps!

Scrappy Moms Stamps said...

OMGosh - so cute! I love your blue jean pocket!

Thank you for joining us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :)

- Mel