Friday, June 22, 2012

Ginger Snap Scraps Summer Blog Hop - Day 1

Welcome to the Ginger Snap Scraps Summer Blog Hop. 
If you've just come from Connie's blog, then you are in the right spot.
If you just happened to stop by and want to start from the beginning, click here.

For this fun summer blog hop this weekend, the DT is featuring all things related to summer. You might think of swimming, going to the lake with friends, picnics, sun...well the list goes on forever. 

My projects were inspired by the Authentique Fresh paper pad which then made me think of my friends in Connecticut that resulted in a cape cod look and feel to my projects this weekend.
The card is a standard A2 size. All paper is from this little 6x6 paper pad except the base paper. It is the weather wood look, I cannot remember the brand name, sorry. 


I used the cuttlebug divine swirls embossing folder for the background and used the Tim Holtz weathered wood distressing ink to slide over the raised swirls to add some color to the sky. 
The waves are torn strips of paper from different shades of blue with the top two waves popped up with pop dots so the little boat could sit between the waves.


The sailboat is cut at 2" from the Life's A Beach cart.
The sentiment and ribbon is from Stampin Up. 


Now for my favorite thing about this card, the brad and Twine. The brad was something in my stash that I got ages ago, but had the perfect colors to match my card. But what is exciting is the looped twine from Twinery behind it. I found this technique on pinterest here. It was very simple to make. 


Here is the back side so you can see how it stays together without a brad. Give it a try.







Now for some blog candy!  
Cori over at GSS is giving away 2 - $10 gift cards to Ginger Snap Scrap online store!
Just leave a comment here and let us know that you did the following:

-Head over to Ginger Snap Scraps and follow the blog here!
-Head over to Ginger Snap Scraps on Facebook and like them!
Please visit the store and enjoy 30% off ALL items in the store (excludes Provo Craft) all weekend long including pre-orders on new Lawn Fawn stamps!

Now it's time to sail over to Ashley's blog to see what she has created for you today. Come back tomorrow for my day 2 project!
Here is the entire line up in case you get lost.

Barb - http://bugbites411.blogspot.com--You are here!

30 comments:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card!! Love the papers you used.. Love the texture in the background.. and the torn paper for the waves is perfect!! LOVE that flower with the twine! Thank you for linking the technique!! Really great!! And I love that brad too!! its just perfect!

Susan
http://scrapathousandwords.blogspot.com

jessica said...

This is beautiful Barb!!! love that flower !!
Have a GREAT weekend :)
Jessica
chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

OOH how pretty!!! I love the patterned paper waves and the embossed sky. Does not look like a very calm day out on the sea. A very fun and beautiful card.

Heather D.

Jovan said...

Super cute card!

Pink Polka Dot Scrapping said...

Love this card! The sentiment and paper is just perfect! I love your button! Thanks for the GREAT Idea.. I have so much twine and i have a hard time coming up with ideas to use it! GREAT IDEA! I AM a NEW FOLLOWER.. THis will not be the last time you see me! Can't wait to see more of your talant! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I really love your card. I have this cart but have never used it yet. Thanks for the inspiration on it. It really looks like it outs on Cape Cod :)
tammy

Brenda said...

Beautiful card, and I love the brad/twine embellishment! The colors are perfect!

http://happyscrapper64.blogspot.com/
HappyScrapper64@bex.net

Tonya said...

Love the summery oceany theme you used to create this super cute card. Thanks for sharing :-)

maddymuscles said...

This is super cute, Barb! Thanks for sharing!

recollectionalley said...

Beautiful card Barb! You nailed it on the colors!

Janea
www.recollectionalley.blogspot.com

Karons Krafty Korner said...

I LOVE this card - its so wonderful. I love the wripped paper for the sea. And how you have put all the elements together. TFS

Candace said...

love this card!! sooo pretty!

Candace
scrappin2littleprincesses.blogspot.com

glowegal said...

Love this, Barb!! The embossed and distressed sky looks awesome!!! Love that twine flower, too!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Barb! The colors are perfect together. I love how you uses the twine too!

Shelly said...

Oh wow, this is fabulous! I love the twine embellishment, thanks for showing the back and link. I just did something similar with Jute twine. Boy this is so much easier :)
Have a SUPER day!
Shelly

Stephanie said...

Just love your card! Love how you ripped the paper!

Anita Braddock said...

Beautiful Card. love the layering and the colors the added Ribbon and the Twine Flowers is super cute. the Embossing is Amazing. thanks for sharing.
www.anita-craft-corner.blogspot.com

Mimi said...

I'm loving the twine and the brad myself! Such a great idea!

mimi2trentdrew.blogspot.com

Kate said...

Love this card. Great Embossing and I just love what you did with the twine.

Hugs,
Kate

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Fabulous card Barb! The torn papers make an awesome sea and I love the sailboat. Beautiful embellishment, thanks for sharing your twine trick, I will have to give that a try...it's cute as can be!

stampingbowd said...

Fabulous card! I pinned it!!! I love the embossing panel behind the sailboat!! What WONDERFUL clouds that makes!!!

Ann said...

Great card, Barb! I saw the same post on Pinterest - just haven't had the chance to give it a try. Yours came out great!

Vanessa said...

great job!!!

melllisssa said...

Beautiful card! I love all the papers you used and that twine flower is to die for! It's so neat :)

Thanks so much for sharing!
misshoanggg (at) gmail.com
http://melllisssa.blogspot.com/

Sarah said...

Love this oh so much! Definitely going to be copying the twine flower!

Tiggerscraps said...

So pretty! I love your flower, I keep wanting to try one of those, it just looks so complicated

Unknown said...

I love the way you emobossed this! WOW! It is amazing and just gives the card so much character. AMAZING!

Happy to be a new follower. If you have the chance I would love for you to stop by my blog sometime. www.craftymamaof2heve.blogspot.com

Enjoy the day!

Maria Matter said...

adorable Barb, love the swirly background and your awesome twine flower!!
hugs

Creative Diva said...

Love the style of your card. Great way to emboss it with the inks.

Hugs,
Patty
creativediva98.blogspot.com
GSS DTM

Connie Can Crop said...

Wowzers! I love the twine! Gonna check out that link. Thanks!
Connie W GSS DT Sister
http://conniecancrop.blogspot.com