Monday, June 11, 2012

Bling it on!!

Today is Monday and my DT day over at Ginger Snap Scraps. Today's theme is Bling it on! Now what girl would not love to do a project for this theme?

I have been working on a project for a family anniversary coming up the end of the month.
I will share more of that later in the month.

Today, I did a card for the happy couple.
My inspiration came from this project here. I felt it was a bit more wedding looking than I wanted for a 50th Anniversary. So, with my Gypsy, I went to work and modified it to meet my needs.
I used several Cricut carts to achieve what I wanted including an Imagine cartridge.

You can find all of these Cricut cartridges along with embellishments and stickles in the Ginger Snap Scrap store. Hope you stop over to see what other DT members have created today for you.

Oh, and if you love Ginger Snap Scraps as much as I do, check out their Design Team call going on now!

Here's how I did it...
Paper is all gold card stock from my stash
Floral pattern printed on med gold paper from Elise Imagine Cart
Download Cricut file here to modify
Numbers cut at 1.71" from Nursery Rhyme cart
Printed the gold floral background on inside heart with Elise Imagine cart- I know it is hard to see the floral design in the photo
Letters for the word years from Ashley's Alphabet sized to fit shape
Flowers cut at 1" and 1.25" from Home Decor
Sticker pearls from my stash
Frosted Lace Stickles on flower petals

11 comments:

Maria Matter said...

absolutely beautiful Barb!!!

Georgiana said...

What a lovely card you created. I wish I wasn't so intimidated by my Gypsy. I need to try again! Hope you will stop by when you get a chance.

Stay Creative,
Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Kate said...

Gorgeous and Very Elegant Card. Love all those pearls.

Hugs,
Kate

Sarah said...

Holy yowza wowza! This turned out beautifully :)

Rhonda Emery said...

really pretty love it

Annie's Paper Boutique | Trendy Twine said...

Wow! Beautiful card. Love the pearls.

Lesley @ Trendy Twine

Ann said...

Gorgeous!

Karons Krafty Korner said...

This is so beautiful you did a wonderful job. TFS

Unknown said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love how the coloring just blends perfectly. I love the stickles on the flowers and the pearls add just the right touch. This is just awesomely done!

Connie Can Crop said...

Oh my who wouldn't love this card? It is gorgeous!
Hugs
Connie W. DT sister
http://conniecancrop.blogspot.com

Sherrie K. said...

Gorgeous card Barb! Love all the dimension and layering:) Fabulous!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com