Wednesday, June 6, 2012

On a roll with challenge cards this week

Each morning when I get up, I grab my ipad and check all the new posts for the blogs I follow- this is alot!
You all have so much creativity to share- I love it!
So Tuesday morning I came across a couple challenges...Die Cut Divas sketch challenge and Pin-spirational Challenges photo challenge.


Well, as soon as I saw the photo, I knew what I wanted to do.
I have had this DCW Green Tea Paper stack that had exactly the colors in the inspiration photo.
I challenged my self to use only paper from that stack. I like the colors of this paper, but not a huge fan of foil papers which this stack has a lot of. I am pretty happy with how it turned out. It only took me about 30 minutes before I started work that morning. Funny how the cards you spend the least amount of time end up being some of your favorites.


Here's how I did it...
Base card is A2 size
All paper from DCW Green Tea paper stack 
Squares and mats cut at 2.25" and 2"
Middle rectangle and mats cut at 3.25" x 2.5", 2.25" by 3" and 2 1/8" by 2 7/8"
Girls/layers cut at 2.84" and 2" from A Child's Year cart girl sitting is popped up with pop dots
Gem stickers from Doodlebug
Tim Holtz ink for all edges.

15 comments:

Kate said...

Love it and the paper you used.

Hugs,
Kate

Denise Marzec said...

Love the diet-cut girls. Sweet!

Paper Deckerations said...

Oh my gosh I love it! LOVE LOVE the papers and color! That cut is adorable! Thanks for linking up at DCD!!

Missy said...

What a great card---the colors & patterns look terrific!!

Pat N. said...

Great card, Barb. Isn't it great when ideas come so simply?! Thanks for playing along at DCD this week--Pat

jimlynn said...

This is fantastic and such a great take on the inspiration photo! Love it! Those die cuts are fab and the DP too!
Thanks so much for joining us at {Pin}spirational Challenges!
Lynn

Georgiana said...

Loving all the colors you used on your card. Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Mynn xx said...

What darling paper silhouettes!!! LOVE the composition of this card--the patterns are amazing together! :)

Deanne Saunders said...

Love your card!!!! Thanks for participating in the {PIN}spirational Challenge this week!!! Hope to see you again next week!!!!
~DEANNE~

Corrinne said...

Splendid & fun! Great silhouettes, colors & so many different patterns :)

It was wonderful to see you join us at {PIN}spirational Challenges this week! I welcome you to join us at Tuesday Alchemy (http://tuesdayalchemy.blogspot.com) as well - Our theme is Sand, Surf & Sea :)

Lots of joy!

Unknown said...

I love this card because of the "silhouettes" - just adorable and fits our inspiration photo perfectly. Thank you for joining us at {PIN}spirational Challenges this time!

Chrizette
DT Member
Celestial Things

Creative Diva said...

Oooh loving the paper. Great card. Thanks for joining us over at DCD.

HUgs,
Patty
Creativediva98.blogspot.com

Mel @ Princess Melus Crafts said...

Great card, love the colours!

Thanks for sharing this with us at Pinspirational Challenges!

- Mel xx

Gerda said...

Great card, love the colored papers you used! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week! Hope to see you back soon!
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Grandma Bonnie said...

Barb, thank you so much for joining us at {Pin}spirational Challenges this week, hope to see you again next week!