Thursday, June 28, 2012

Subway Art DT Theme Day at Ginger Snap Scraps

Hey everyone- today is my DT day over at Ginger Snap Scrap

When I originally saw the theme of Subway art...I was not exactly sure what it was. But after some research I found out it was just another name for word collages. I have never done a word collage before even though I have the Cricut cart for some great designs. 

If you remember a few weeks ago I posted an anniversary card and had mentioned I was working on a project for that couple. Well, here it is....my subway art project for them. 
Sorry for the picture, hard to get a great picture when something is already in a frame with glass.
I took words that described things that impacted their lives over the last 50 years like milestones, important dates, hobbies, favorite things to do, etc. 

I used my SCAL software and started first typing in words and then formatting them with different fonts and sizes. Then the hard part, moving things around so each word fit like a puzzle. I found I would have a few gaps here and there but not enough room for words, so I cut some icons that fit with the words in the collage like the fishing pole, leaf, etc. 

I used 2 sheets of card stock for the background carefully piecing them together so you cannot see the seam. The overall size measure 10" x 20".

I used lots of different shades of Bazzill card stock and a few different Cricut carts all of which can be found over in the Ginger Snap Scrap store right now.

Hope this inspires you to try making a piece of subway art too.

5 comments:

jessica said...

Such a fun project!!!
TFS

Sarah said...

This turned out awesome! Love it!!!

Kate said...

Wow that looks awesome.

Hugs,
Kate

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Oh my goodness Barb, this is amazing! Love all the fun fonts and colors. Great idea to "fill in" with all those fun cuts...love this!

Connie Can Crop said...

This is such an amazing gift!
Connie W GSS DT Sister
http://conniecancrop.blogspot.com