Friday, June 22, 2012

Ringing for Freedom

Hey everyone--it's Friday!!!

It looks like it is finally going to be a gorgeous weekend here in MN. Seems all the towns around us have something going on for summer fun so hopefully we can get out and enjoy some of it and the weather.

Speaking of summer- don't forget to stop by tomorrow for the Ginger Snap Scraps Summer Blog Hop. Cori over at Ginger Snap Scraps is offer 30% off all orders this weekend during the hop.

I have a quick little patriotic card for you today. I have been working on my 4th of July cards and should be able to finish them up tonight perhaps. Will share more of them next week with you. 

I was inspired to use a bell for this card by the FCCB Challenge Me Monday challenge. The challenge was to use a bell and the color blue.
I pulled out my Glory Authentique paper pad for my papers- just love this vintage look. 
The bell is cut from white card stock, and inked with gold and brown ink for a tarnished brass look. I was lucky enough to see the Liberty bell in person a few summers ago. Such an interesting  part of our country. 

I am also linking this up over at CardzTV for the anything goes challenge and the Good Ole Summertime challenge over at Kraft outlet.
Enjoy the weekend.

Here's how I did it...
Standard A2 base card
Kraft card stock for base card
Pattern papers from Authentique Glory paper pad
Brown and white card stock from my stash
Bell/layers cut at 3.25" from Independence day cart
Mat/layer cut at 3.5" and 3.15" from Stand and Salute Cartridge
Scallop border cut at .66" from Martha Stewart Elegant Cakes cart
Cuttlebug Distress Stripes embossing folder
Ribbon from Stampin' Up
Sentiment from MPS
Lots of Tim Holtz Vintage photo distress ink on edges and bell

7 comments:

Shawnee said...

This card is beautiful. I love how you made the bell. Thank you for joining us at CardzTV Stamps Challenge. Have a blessed weekend!!

Kate said...

Love this card, looks great. Thank you for joining us at Cardz TV Stamps Challenge.

Have an awesome weekend.

Hugs,
Kate

girlia said...

Beautiful liberty bell. Thanks for joining us this week at CTVS for our anything goes challenge

Sharon said...

Oh I love your Liberty Bell!!! So beautiful!! Thank you so very much for joining our Cardz TV Stamps 'Anything Goes' challenge!!!! :)

Tiggerscraps said...

This is great!! wow, good job

scrapqueen141 said...

Your card is fantabulous! I love it! Thank you for joining us at FCCB this week!
http://scrapqueen141.blogspot.com/

Cindy Beland said...

GREAT looking card as always!I LOVE all the nice details and layers,Thank you for joining us over at FCCB this week!:)