Saturday, June 16, 2012

Exciting stuff and 4th of July card

Today, I am trying to work ahead and get my 4th of July cards done or at last a bunch of them done. I have a bunch of business travel coming up the month of July so I am trying to get ahead of things. 

But first, I have a few exciting things to shout out. 

First, I was selected as a FCCB - top 5 for the Don't Bug Me challenge. Yeah!!
I was also honored to be selected as a DT top 3 for the My Craft Spot What's Your Age challenge. Wow- what an exciting week of good news.

Now for what I think is the most exciting news of all today.....I just purchased a Silhouette Cameo.. it is out of the box, software installed and I am starting to play with it to see what it can all do. 

So, here was my very first project with this new machine-- I know it is very basic, but I had to do something with it right away before I get to more complicated stuff. This image and sentiment were purchased in the Silhouette online store. 


Card base is on kraft paper. Twine from Twinery and the paper was just leftover scraps from my stash--super simple. This cameo is gonna be fun!!!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Congrats on those awesome honors! Whooohoooo! Hmmm seriously--this card is awesome--can't wait to drool over more of your Cameo creations :)

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Wow...you have had an awesome week! Congrats on all your wins. I love this red, white and blue card! The twine really looks great!

Sonya said...

Congrats--and welcome to the Cameo family! I adore mine and the precision of its cuts.....love it!

Karons Krafty Korner said...

This is such a wonderful card - love your use of the twine:-) Great effects. TFS

Georgiana said...

Congrats on your recognitions. Your work definitely deserves it. Enjoy your new Silhouette.

Stay Creative,
Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Annette said...

Congratulations Barb! Very pretty card:)

Annette
mymindsdustbunnies.blogspot.com

Pat N. said...

Wow, congrats Barb on all your news; way to go! And your card is fabulous. Looks great with all that inking!--Pat N.