Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A card for a few challenges

Mojo Monday has a new sketch challenge this week. I am usually not much for sketches but it gives me a new challenge. I see also that My Craft Spot also has a Birthday challenge that requires using a number. So I combined them into one card for a 1 year old Birthday card.

I have a few new 6x6 paper pads I received recently so have been playing around with them. The paper for this card is mostly from Hello Summer pad by Echo Paper. It is so cute.
Hope you give these two challenge blogs a try. At least stop by and see what the DT has done. They are all amazing.

Here's how I did it...
Base card is A2 size with Bazzill paper
Papers from Echo paper and my scrap stash
Bird/layers cut at 2.1" from birthday Bash
Number/layers cut at 1.5" from Birthday Bash cart
Balloons cut 2" from Create a Critter
Shaped mat/layers cut from Lacy Labels
Sentiment from My Pink Stamper
Ribbon from Stampin' Up
Twine from Twinery

9 comments:

Pat N. said...

OMG, Barb, your card is adorable! I needed a card for a one-year old birthday too and we have a sketch challenge this week at DCD! Yours is much cuter than mine! TFS!--Pat

Kristie W. said...

Your card is sooo cute! Good luck in the challenges!

Gwen said...

So stinkin cute! I love everything about this little card. Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot.

GiGi said...

This is adorable! I love the great papers you used and the balloons! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

Kate said...

This is so fun! I love the way the bird is holding the number 1 in his beak. Super papers and such a creative job with the twine on the balloons, Barb!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Robin's Creative Cottage said...

Hi Barb, such a great card for a 1 year old, the patterned paper is so fun, love those 6x6 paper pads! Thank you for joining us for the Birthday challenge at My Craft Spot! :)

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

What an adoarable card!! The paper is perfect for this fun birthday card!! Thanks for sharing it with us at My Craft Spot!
Amber

Marlene said...

Adorable Card Barb! Love the EP Hello Summer papers for this card! Thank You for joining us at My Craft Spot - What's Your Age?.

Marlene
DT Memeber

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Soooooo cute!! I love how you tied twine on your balloons and the papers you chose are fabulous! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

Kimberly