Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Prost! Exciting News to share!

Proust! well, that means Cheers for all you non-German folks out there. October is known for Oktoberfest and here in Central MN, a community with a strong German heritage, also celebrates Oktoberfest. At least among my friends. Our little Oktoberfest party has been going for well over 20 years.
I also have more news to celebrate- I am a new member of the SVG Cutting Files Design Team. I was so excited when Ann asked me to be apart of this fun team. 

As my first post as part of that team, what better fitting than a party poster for my Oktoberfest party friends.  Just as in Germany for any wine or beer festival, there is usually a poster created for the event.

This year I volunteered being I wanted to use the new Oktoberfest SVG cut file set from SVG Cutting Files.



I created my background using some leaves and checked digital paper. Then I just cut and pieced the rest. I used plenty of foam tape for dimension.

At the party, all guests in attendance sign the poster so we know who was there each year.


Here is a list of all the goodies I used on this project.

Oktoberfest boy, girl, pretzel, and banner from SVG Cutting Files.
Leaves for background from SVG Cutting Files.
Faces stamped with Peachy Keen Stamps
Twine from The Twinery
Digtial checked background paper from Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons.
A few stickles, gems, and a feather for the cap.

Have a creative day!

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Beautiful project! "Wilkommen" to the SVG Cutting Files team :)

Unknown said...

Too Cute! Congrats to you.

Kathy Salido said...

OMG Barbara, this is absolutely adorable!! I just love it!! so much, I may just scraplift your idea for my nephews OKTOBERFEST birthday party this weekend!!

Kathy Salido said...

Forgot to say congrats on making the DT at SVG Cutting files!!! i love their files and cannot wait to see your projects :)

Migdalia said...

Congrats to you!! Yiippee!!
This is FABULOUS & FUN!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

Sarah said...

Love it! Congrats on the new DT! Can't wait to see more of your awesome projects!

Pat N. said...

Wow, this is fantabulous! Love your colorful poster!

Kate said...

Congrats and Welcome to the Team. Your work is Amazing.