FCCB Challenge #59, Create a project for that special teacher with the color red on it.
Oh my goodness, this was a real callenge for me.
I don't have kids in school anymore, or should I say young kids in school, therefore, don't really do any teacher type projects like I see alot of you do.
But then I remembered my fellow DT member, Kate ( who is really awesome), doing something with the notepad paper cut from Locker Talk and my idea was born.
You can check out her card here.
I dedicate this card to some of my scrapper friends & family that are teachers...Melissa, Erin, and Norine. You girls rule!!!
I have to admit this took me more time than I thought it would since this was the first time I used my gel pens and gel pen holder in my cricut. I had to keep reminding myself to not rush when changing the pens and the blade or it would mess everything up.
I used my gypsy (or you can use DS) for these cuts and pen drawings.
Here are the steps I did for the white notepad paper.
- Hide outline, circles of shape along with the lines that will be pink
- Load blue gel pen into cricut
- Press cut to draw blue lines- do not unload mat
- Replace blue pen with the pink pen, be careful to not move the housing
- Hide lines that are blue on the image and unhide the verticle lines that will be pink
- Press cut to draw the pink lines-do not unload the mat
- Replace the pen with the blade, be careful to not move the housing
- Hide all lines on the image and unhide the outline and circles
- Press cut to cut the final shape.
Phew- that was alot of steps.
Here's how I did the rest....
All Paper is from my scrap stash
Card base made using shadow cut at 4.99" x 4.17" from Locker Talk, p. 65
Notepad paper layer cut at 5" from Locker Talk, p. 65
Ribbon/layers cut at 2" from Locker Talk, p. 56
A+ cute at .45" cut from Locker Talk, p.38
Pencil/layers cut at 1.75" from Locker Talk, p. 37
Apple/layers cut at 1.6" from A Child's Year, p. 49
Letters cut at .6" from Makin' the Grade using the shadow feature
Faces stamped with Peachy Keen Wide Eyed kids stamp set
Doodles with my gel pen and chalked edges of the cuts
Brown bakers string
I hope you will play along and link up your teacher project this week. I will be waiting with anticipation to see what you do.