Friday, May 20, 2011

Frosted Designs Fabulous Friday Challenge - Armed Services/Partiotic

Happy Friday and with that it means there is a new challenge over at Frosted Designs this week.

It is that time of year where we remember the many men and women who protect our country everyday as well as those that have fallen doing so. We also celebrate our countries freedom.
So with that, my project is a floating frame that I plan to hang in my kitchen this summer.


I picked up this frame for $10 at the local craft store. It comes with the ribbon hanger and the glass already in the frame, but it has no backing, therefore whatever wall you hang it on, that is what will show through unless you cover the entire glass with paper. I chose not to since I really want that floating effect. They even had an idea sheet- you can get it here .

What's cool is you attached half of the artwork on the back of the glass and the three squares on the front of the glass for a dimensional look.


Here's How I did it...
I followed the instructions from the linked instruction sheet above for the "Love" project with my own cuts for this theme.

Blue star and striped pattern paper from Creative Imaginations.

I trimmed the scallop border from some card stock I had from Memory Keepers and attached them to the top and bottom of the 11" edge instead of punching my own.

I used my ATG gun to attach this to the back of the glass and strategically placed the adhesive where the top layers would be placed so it would be covered it later



Paper for the three squares on the front from Memory Keepers, Karen Foster as well as misc scraps from my stash.


Fire crackers/layers cut at 2.24" from Stand and Salute, p.51
Hat/layers cut at 1.94" from Independence Day
USA/layers cut at 2.10" from Independence Day
Doodles with my gel pen
Brown chalk around all edges and pop dots for dimension

 I attached the "stamps" to the front of the glass.

0 comments: