Friday, May 6, 2011

Food Fare Friday

Years ago I was traveling quite a bit for work to Orland, Disney World specifically. I was there so much I had an annual pass to the parks. I love Disney - even my scrap room/office is decorated with my mementos from Disney.
I stayed a couple times at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. If you have not stayed there, it is worth at least a trip over just to see it. It is very calming and different than anything else at Disney and have some awesome restaurants. 

One of them serves a Corn and Avocado Salad that is really good as a chip dip. I loved it so much I took a risk and asked for the recipe and they gave it to me!!!

So here it is. It makes a huge batch as you can imagine, but I just cut it down to make a manageable amount.
 
 If you want to try the recipe and cannot read it from this post, just drop me a note and I will be glad to email it to you.

Here's how I did it.....
Background 8x8 paper from American Tradtional Designs: Recipe Time
all other papers are from my scrap stash
Bamboo/layers cut at  7.5" from Life's a Beach
Leaves cut at 1.55" and 1.75" from Life's a Beach- some I flipped to go the other direction
Mickey head cut from Mickey Font
Animals all cut from New Arrival cartridge
  • Elephant/layers-2.31"
  • Giraffe/layers-4.05"
  • Monkey/layers-2.2"
Animal faces stamped using Peachy Keen Bird Faces and Everyday Character Face Parts stamps
Used CM circle custom cutting tool to cut recipe once printed from my computer
Chalks and doodles with my gel pen

3 comments:

Barb Craft said...

Barb.. this LO is absolutely darling!! I love all the sweet little animals on the page! Too cute!! And I am also thinking that I need to try out this recipe! Yumm!!

barb :)

Adrian said...

So adorable!

4kids4 said...

Very cute...and that recipe DOES sound yummy!! TFS!

~Sharon C.