Friday, January 21, 2011

Bunny Love

Happy Friday!!! 

I am getting close to my goal of 50 followers by Feb 1. Thanks for your help and sending your friends over. If you're not a follower, I would love it if you were. 

Now onto business...
It's another Throw Back Thursday Challenge over at My Creative Time.
The challenge is to use the Paper Doll Dress up or Every Day Paper Doll carts for any project of choice, AND you must use either heat or dry embossing it. Hop over there to see what her designers have come up with for this challenge as well as how they are using the new Peachy Keen Stamps that were just released last night. The new stamps are sooo cute- I need to order them. They are also having they Faces Friday challenge.

So for my entry I wanted to use the sentiment "Some-Bunny Loves You!" from the Scrappy Moms Charmed Life stamp set. I know, an odd way to start a project- usually you design and then add a sentiment. I heat embossed the white paper for a tone on tone look. It's kind hard to see on this, picture, but it was a stamp that I had from Northwoods Stamps that has a pattern of dots and little flowers. This was the first time I tried heat embossing. It's kinda easy. I found the sentiment does not stamp well over it, however. In the end it turned out cute.

Here's how I did it...
Bazzill pink card stock for card base
White card stock stamped with Northwoods stamp and heat embossed with clear embossing powder 
Pattern paper from Cosmo Cricket
All other paper from my scrap stash
Paper Doll Dress Up Cart: body using black out feature and outfit on p.70 and hair on p. 67 all cut at 3.5"; be sure you have your paper saver button on so it all cuts to the correct size
Sentiment from Scrappy Moms "The Charmed Life"
Peachy Keen Happy Lashes stamp for face
Cuttle bug embossing folder, Swiss Dots for heart punched with small CM heart punch
Border punch- can't remember the name of it, I should really label them when I get them
A little ribbon, doodles with the gel pen and pearl stickers for the buttons.

21 comments:

Glora said...

Wow, you are SO fast! This is SUPER cute! I love it!

Cathryn said...

So cute and Emma's stamp looks great! TFS Cathryn67 <3

Amanda T said...

WOW! This is such a darling card! Just lovely! I love your blog... Can't wait to see what you do next!!

Joanna said...

Aww this is too cute! Great job! Thanks for playing along with us at PKS LFIF!!

Claire Langan said...

This is super cute!

Ruthie @ SeptemberNinth said...

What a cute card!

Thanks so much for playing alonf with us on the PKS LFIF challenge!

Ruthie :)

Debbie Smith said...

Very cute!!!!!

Unknown said...

Cute card!

Unknown said...

OMGoodness, your card is so cute! Great job!

Lisa said...

Your card is darling.

Cindy Beland said...

Your card is sooo cute,My kids Love it!Great card

Janet said...

Super cutr card. I just became your 50th follower, whoohoo!!!!!

Unknown said...

Really cute =)

Hugs from Lilli =)
www.crazycardmaker.blogspot.com

Jeanine said...

very cute love the bunny

Adeline Ng said...

Hi, I love the cute bunny too! and I am going to swing over the my creative time and see if i can make something for the throw back thursday challenge too.

VICTORIA said...

Such a cute card good luck

the cricutologist said...

so sweet! Great border punch! Hop over to my blog I'm doing a giveaway for reaching 100 followers! I don't want you to miss out on this great prize!

scrapaholicjen said...

I LOVE this! What a darling bunny- girl! I'm a new follower!

Unknown said...

Cute design. I am a new follower. I will have to come back and look around. Thanks for sharing.

Sue
rolfe974@prodigy.net

Raven B said...

This is super dooper cute. I love those bunny ears!
Hugs,
Raven

Big Time Stamper Want to Be said...

So Cute!

Teresa