Wednesday, January 19, 2011

It's a LOVE BUG gift card holder.

Wow- what a busy work week so far. Working long 12 hour days doesn't leave much time for creativity, but it is what I do to unwind after such a long day. So here is what I put together for you all tonight, had to get it done and posted before I can watch American Idol. Thank goodness for Tivo!

This is a cute little bug sending a little love along with a surprise gift inside.


Here's how I did it...
Start with a 5.25" tall by 12" wide piece of card stock for card base. I scored it at 4.25" from each short edge and again at 6". I then folded it to form a little pocket inside and glued it down. Be sure to NOT put adhesive on the center fold or you won't be able to get the gift card inside.

The trick was to then punch an opening on this pocket inside to be able to slip a gift card inside. This would be easy if you have a punch that just punches a narrow opening, but I don't have one of those, so I had to get creative with what I  have. I used my CM tag punch, it has a rounded corner so I could get that rounded edge on the side. I had to punch it twice to get the rounded edge on each side. I then used a CM circle punch to punch a little curve in the center. I am sure I am not explaining this well, so hopefully you get the idea from the picture.

Lady bug and all layers cut from Create a Critter, p.66 at3.25"
Love bug title and layers cut from Create a Critter, p.66 at 2.5"
Additional hearts for title punched from CM mini heart punch
Valentine's Day sentiment from My Pink Stamper Happiest Moments stamp set
Mini butterfly on title from Scrappy Moms Designers Choice stamp set
Paper from my scrap stash
Some ribbon and doodles with my gel pen 

I have also entered this into the Paper Playtime Challenge this week and More then Favors Wacky Wednesday Challenge.  Please stop over and take a look at all the other great entries.

3 comments:

The Scrapbooking Queen said...

Oh this is so adorable I just love it and the card cut is awesome way to hold a gift card...
The Scrapbooking Queen

Cheryl Gaffney said...

I love this card!! Your directions are clear and the pictures are super helpful!! Thanks for the steps.

Thanks for sharing,
Cheryl @ CardsbyCG.blogspot.com

More Than Favors said...

I just love this gift card holder!!! Thank you for Joining the More Than Favors Wacky Wednesday Challenge!

Happy Crafting,
Paula
morethanfavors.blogspot.com