Monday, January 17, 2011

A Sweet Treat for all of you!

Happy Martin Luther King day. 
Fortunately, that means I get the day off. However, anyone that really knows me, knows that I never take a day off. Thanks to Blackberry, I am reachable and can read my email anytime and almost anywhere. I did find a little time to have lunch with some friends and put together a little something sweet for all of you.

So here it is. I tried something new and cut the front half of the card off and gave it a scalloped edge vertical border. This way the sentiment is on the front and inside of the card. A double duty sentiment. But, it really does speak the truth. So this card is for all of my virtual blog friends out there.

Here's how I did it....
Pink card stock for card base is Bazzill
Pink pattern paper inside card is Fancy paper; First Date.
The cute Brown pattern paper is Sprinkled with Love from Imaginisce 
Additional paper from my scrap stash
Candy truffle and all layers cut at 2" from Winter Frolic, p. 60
Cake plate cut at 1.5" from Sweat Treats, p. 42
Sentiment printed on my own computer
Scallop border punch for the border edge
Brown chalk and a gel pen for doodles
Teal ribbon

You can find links to this card over at SPCC, My Creative Time, and over at Fantabulous Cricut, take a look and jump in on the fun!

22 comments:

Cathryn said...

SO beautiful and the paper is so cute. I love it!! TFS, your new follower, Cathryn67 <3
inthepinkcathryn.blogspot.com

LuvMyCricut said...

What a super job you did on this challenge. Love the colors.

Saundra said...

This is very sweet! I love the paper and the sparkle. Thanks for joining us at FCCB!

Pink & Paper said...

That card is really cute. I love that patterned paper.

Cheryl
www.pinkandpaper.blogspot.com
blondiee975@gmail.com

the cricutologist said...

Good enough to eat!!!! I love that little cake with the heart on top!

Linda said...

That is soo cute!! And a GREAT idea! Thanks for sharing!

www.fancyframework.com

Lisa Norris said...

I love this card...it is just TOO CUTE!

I wanted to let you know that I'm passing on a blog award to you...the Stylish Blogger Award. Just visit my blog to check out the details. I just recently found your blog, and I'm so glad I did! You deserve WAY more followers than you have right now. :o) Thanks so much for sharing!

Lisa
prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

Minta's Creations said...

Love this card..so yummy looking.
Minta

Jessica said...

Very adorable! It's so pretty!

Janie said...

So cute ! Love your card ! TFS !
HUGS,JANIE

girlia said...

Really sweet. Love it

Jean said...

Super cute and I love the sentiment. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB this week.

Sandy Ang said...

This card is just too yummy for words ! And the sentiment is so spot on.

diana creations said...

love this card so cute great idea

Unknown said...

Your card is so adorable. You put a lot of work into it. Thanks for sharing with us at FCCB

Rene's Craft Corner said...

Very cute card. I am a new follower. Come over and check out my blog if you get the chance. TFS~Rene

Valerie said...

Gorgeous card! Your details are pretty enough to eat! Thanks for joining us at FCCB:)

CuteCuteWorld said...

love it! the sentiment is too cute. Thanks for joining us at FCCB :)

Andrea said...

Fantastic job - too cute for words! Thanks for joining the challenge at FCCB!

Stephanie said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for playing at SPCC!

Leinad said...

Great card and I love the sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us at FCCB!

Gina said...

This is super cute...I love it!!!