Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I Treasure You

Good morning everyone. Today is day 6 on the road. Boy, they really need to come up with a mini portable Cricut! As I have mentioned in a couple earlier posts, I brought a few things with me so I could keep up with my posts. I had also crafted a few items quickly before I left that I wanted to share as well. One of them was this cute little card that would be perfect for a little boy for Valentine's day. About a year or more ago, I hosted a themed scrapbook retreat weekend for friends and family, A Pirate's Life for Thee. We had such a good time. I had a bunch of stuff leftover from making invites, gift cards etc. So when I saw this cute pirate boy from B is for Boy, I knew I had to did out that old pirate paper. Ironically,  the Cricut Cardz Challenge this week is to make a valentine's card for a child. Be sure to hop over there to check out the design team and other entries. There are some adorable things over there.


Here's how I did it....
Bazzill grey paper for card base
Pattern paper was was from a Karen Foster Pirate line
All other paper are scraps from my stash.
Coin and treasure chest stickers were leftover from my pirate them retreat
Sentiment from Scrappy Moms Designer Choice Stamp set
Pirate and all his layers cut at 3.75" from B is for Boy and adhered with pop dots
A bit of black ribbon and my gel pen for doodles

14 comments:

Barb Smith said...

Great job and wonderful papers you selected.

Barb from Toronto, Canada

Karen Aicken said...

Great card for the CCC challenge. Don't you love it when you can use up scraps and come up with something great at the same time? Well done! TFS
Cheers, Karen
alteredscrapbooking,dotcom

Kristin said...

Great card!! So adorable:) Thanks for playing along with us at CCC!!

Lalo said...

This is adorable…love that little pirate boy!!!
And the saying is perfect for the challenge and the card.
Have fun on your trip & try not to craft and drive :)

mum of two said...

What a fabulous card! That little pirate is just the cutest! Thanks for playing with us at Cricut Cardz Challenge :) Hope you come back and play with us again soon!

michelle
http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

Nice card, love that treasure chest, thanks so much for joining CCC.

Anita said...

Awesome job!! Thanks for joining us this week at Cricut Cardz Challenge. Anita

Angie said...

Super cute, great job!

Debbie said...

Very cute card!!

Scrapper69 said...

This came out soooo CUTE! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at CCC! :O)
Theresa

the cricutologist said...

This is soooo cute! I didn't know I had this cut! Woo hoo! Great job!

Evelyn said...

Super cute ARG, great job

CarrieAnne said...

so cute

N2ScrapN4Fun said...

This is too cute. Love the sentiment. It's perfect for Valentine's Day.

Thanks for playing along @ CCC.