Friday, January 28, 2011

Hugs & Love

Happy Friday everyone. I am on the downhill of my travels this week. On a plane now from Phoenix to Miami. I will finally be on my way home Sunday night, back to the frigid Minnesota weather. I am trying to soak up all the sun I can.

As I was packing last night, I just had to pull out my little scrap bag and see what I could cut, stamp, chalk, glue...well, you get the idea. If you have been reading the past week, you know I have very limited supplies with me. Fortunately, I did find a store not far from the hotel, Scrapbooks, etc in Mesa, AZ,what a great store. I found a great EK  Succes border punch, some rub-ons, buttons and some cool patterned paper.

I was challenged once again to make something without a Cricut. Can you even imagine!

In my pajamas, American Idol on the TV, and eating PB M&M's (yes,not a healthy dinner), I began the creative journey. This is what I came up with. I actually am quite pleased and think it's pretty cute. 
Here's how I did it...
White card base is Bazzill Daisy embossed card stock cut 5.5" by 11" and folded in half for a square card
Pattern paper cut 4"x4" from Fine and Dandy-Tickled pink "cherry" paper
Pattern paper cut 5.5" x 1.5" from Fancy Pants- love dots paper and border punched border on each side with EK double crocheted lace punch
Blue paper torn in a random fashion to frame the stamped image
Stamped image is from SU Greeting Card kids stamp set colored with copic markers
Sentiments are from My Pink Stamper Love-alicious and Simply Sweet Occasions 
stamp sets
Pearls stickers from Michael's
Heart die cut and pretty blue button
Brown chalk for edges, a little doodling with my white gel pen, pop dots for heart and button

I have entered it over at the Tuesday Throwdown challenge.

1 comments:

Lauren said...

Gorgeous card! Great distressing! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!

Lauren